How Do You Calculate the Distance ACD with Six Variable Geometric Parameters?

In summary, the goal is to find the distance between A and C, or ACD if you will. Six flexible variables are used to calculate this distance.
SpaceLight
See attachment, please.
Six variables that can change individually and hence altering all connected.
The goal is always to find the distance between A & C, "ACD" if you will.

ACD = ...
Given 6 flexible variables:
(Abbreviated to perhaps make things easier: r, abd, wt, abl, pll, pld. Use or not, up to you.)

> r = radius of 1/2-circle
> wt = wall thickness of 1/2-circle
> abd = distance between A & B
> abl = angle of blue line
> pll = length of the 2 purple lines
> pld = distance between the two purple lines

Constants:

* The purple line inside the 1/2-circle is in contact with the inner wall. (Blue line angle changes and along with it changes the position of purple lines, and inner purple line always meeting with inner wall, as shown.)

* The blue line always through center of the two purple lines, and the two lines always perpendicular to the blue line.

* Distance between the two purple lines, whatever it may be, will always be divided by 2, for finding point C.

* Point B always along 'A' line, zero degrees.

* 'abl' always through point B.

My simple notes so far, maybe helpful...:

* Position of inner purple line dictated by abl, wt, pll.

* Radius of 1/2-circle minus wall thickness, r - wt = ... That new radius, along the inside wall, where the inner purple line is in contact with.

* Calculating for sin of theta, maybe involved, I can do that, but that's about it for my resourcefulness, individually...; I have more notes, but they seem to cause more stress than clarity. Seems to be very advanced mathemetics, multi-dimentional sort of geometric thinking, I can't even figure out where to start.
It's improtant, though...
I hope you can help.

Ask questions. I'll revise up here if I should have included more points...

Thank you.

Attachments

• q.bmp
    81.5 KB · Views: 620
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not interested in this problem, but here's a picture so people don't have to hunt for it.

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=68158&d=1396223228

(my first post on a forum...*red face*)

FAQ: How Do You Calculate the Distance ACD with Six Variable Geometric Parameters?

1. What is a mathematical equation?

A mathematical equation is a statement that shows the relationship between two quantities. It contains mathematical symbols and operations that represent the values of the quantities.

2. Why are mathematical equations important?

Mathematical equations are important because they allow us to solve problems and make predictions based on the relationship between variables. They help us understand the world around us and make accurate calculations in various fields such as science, engineering, and economics.

3. How do you create a mathematical equation?

To create a mathematical equation, you first need to identify the variables involved and their relationship. Then, you can use mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, along with symbols such as = (equal), < (less than), and > (greater than) to express the relationship between the variables.

4. Can you provide an example of a mathematical equation?

One example of a mathematical equation is the Pythagorean theorem, which states that in a right triangle, the square of the length of the hypotenuse (the side opposite the right angle) is equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides. This can be expressed as a^2 + b^2 = c^2, where a and b are the lengths of the sides and c is the length of the hypotenuse.

5. How are mathematical equations used in real life?

Mathematical equations are used in various real-life situations, such as calculating distances in navigation, predicting stock market trends, designing structures in architecture, and determining medication dosages in healthcare. They are also used in everyday activities such as managing finances and cooking recipes.

Back