How do you convert Diameter to inches and feet

In summary, the conversation discusses how to convert a diameter given in feet and inches to just inches and then to feet. The equations for converting between feet and inches are provided and it is suggested to use them to convert 8 feet to inches. It is also explained that to convert from inches to feet, one just needs to know how many inches make up one foot. The person thanks the expert for their help and understanding.
jim1174
As an example let's say The diameter is 28' 4" how do you convert into inches and to feet

Mathematics news on Phys.org
jim1174 said:
As an example let's say The diameter is 28' 4" how do you convert into inches and to feet
1 ft = 12"

1" = (1/12) '

What is the equation I use to convert it? I tryed to google it but all I get are conversion calculaters

jim1174 said:
What is the equation I use to convert it? I tryed to google it but all I get are conversion calculaters
I gave you two equations - one to convert feet to inches, and the other to convert inches to feet. If you want to convert, say 8 feet to inches, just multiply both sides of the first equation by 8.

8 * 1ft = 8 * 12" = 96"

What I need to do is convert the diameter to inches then convert the diameter to feet

jim1174 said:
What I need to do is convert the diameter to inches then convert the diameter to feet
Convert the 28' to inches, and then add on the 4".

For the second part, all you need to do is convert 4" to feet. One inch is what part of a foot?

ok i understand it now thanks

jim1174 said:
ok i understand it now thanks
"It ain't rocket surgery..."

Related to How do you convert Diameter to inches and feet

1. What is the formula for converting Diameter to inches?

The formula for converting Diameter to inches is: Diameter (in) = Diameter (ft) x 12.

2. How do you convert Diameter to feet?

To convert Diameter to feet, you need to divide the Diameter (in inches) by 12. This will give you the Diameter in feet.

3. Can you provide an example of converting Diameter to inches and feet?

Let's say we have a Diameter of 36 inches. To convert this to feet, we would divide 36 by 12, giving us a Diameter of 3 feet. To convert back to inches, we would multiply 3 by 12, giving us a Diameter of 36 inches again.

4. Is there a specific unit of measurement for Diameter?

Diameter can be measured in various units, such as inches, feet, centimeters, or meters. It depends on the object or material being measured and the desired level of accuracy.

5. Are there any online tools or calculators for converting Diameter to inches and feet?

Yes, there are many online tools and calculators available that can easily convert Diameter to inches and feet. These tools can be found by searching for "Diameter to inches and feet converter" on a search engine.