How Do You Convert Millimeters to Micrometers?

• Thread starter licia589
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Micro
In summary, the scientific notation for 9.8*10^-6 is 9.8x10^-6, and it can be expressed in standard form as 0.0000098. The use of scientific notation allows for a more efficient representation and calculation of very large or small numbers. Scientific notation can be used for any number, as long as it is in the form of a decimal multiplied by a power of 10. The negative exponent in 9.8*10^-6 signifies that the number is very small, making it easier to work with in scientific calculations.
licia589
hi i have another question

i know that micro is -6

ok my question is express 9.8*10-6 millimeters in micrometers

i think the answer is 9.8* 10^9 but i know its not right

how do i change it?

Physics news on Phys.org
wait sorry i anwered my own question lol! its 9.8*10^-3

lol thanks anyways!

FAQ: How Do You Convert Millimeters to Micrometers?

1. What is the scientific notation for 9.8*10^-6?

The scientific notation for 9.8*10^-6 is 9.8x10^-6.

2. How do you express 9.8*10^-6 in standard form?

To express 9.8*10^-6 in standard form, you would multiply 9.8 by 10^-6, which would give you the decimal form of 0.0000098.

3. What is the significance of using scientific notation in scientific calculations?

Scientific notation allows for a more concise and efficient way of writing very large or very small numbers. It also makes it easier to perform calculations with these numbers.

4. Can scientific notation be used for any number?

Yes, scientific notation can be used for any number, as long as it is written in the form of a decimal multiplied by a power of 10.

5. What is the purpose of the negative exponent in 9.8*10^-6?

The negative exponent in 9.8*10^-6 indicates that the number is a very small decimal, making it easier to work with in scientific calculations.

Back