How Do You Write a Physics Formula?

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help in understanding physics formulas. The other person explains that modern physics is expressed in math and the level of math required depends on the specific area of physics and intended audience. They ask for more details about where the formulas are coming from. The original person expresses amazement and admiration for the ability of physicists like Bohr and Einstein to write complex formulas, believing it to be a special gift.
dude123470
I pretty much know nothing about making and reading Physic formulas?

Could someone help me?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well its a pretty broad question, but all of modern physics is expressed in math. Depending on the part of physics, and on the target audience, you might need anywhere from basic algebra to calculus and beyond to read various formulae. Can you give more detail about where you are getting these formulae from?

it is a beneficial concern sometimes i am amazing about fot instance how bohr managed to to write its atom model how einstein managed to write lorentz factor tgrough only pythgore... i think it is a god sent which was given to them i believe i am not capable of doing this kind of job :D

Related to How Do You Write a Physics Formula?

1. How do I know which symbols to use in a physics formula?

There are certain symbols that are commonly used in physics formulas, such as m for mass, v for velocity, and a for acceleration. However, it's important to refer to your specific textbook or instructor's guidelines to ensure you are using the correct symbols.

2. Can I use units in a physics formula?

Yes, it is important to include units in a physics formula to ensure the correct interpretation of the equation. For example, if you are calculating force, the units should be in Newtons (N).

3. How do I properly format a physics formula?

Physics formulas should follow a standardized format, with the symbols and units clearly labeled and any necessary mathematical operations shown. It is also important to use parentheses and brackets to indicate the order of operations.

4. Can I create my own physics formula?

While there are many established physics formulas, there is also room for creativity and innovation in the field. If you have a new way of expressing a concept or relationship, it is possible to create your own physics formula. However, it should be based on sound scientific principles and clearly explained and supported by evidence.

5. How can I check if my physics formula is correct?

One way to check the correctness of a physics formula is to plug in known values and see if the resulting calculation matches real-world observations or data. It can also be helpful to have a peer or instructor review your formula and provide feedback.