How Does a Crystal Turn Space Inside Out?

In summary, a new type of crystal with a high number of holes has been discovered, with a gram of the material having the same internal surface area as 17 tennis courts. This was reported by the British science journal Nature.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
A NEW kind of crystal is so riddled with holes that a mere gram of the material has an internal surface area equivalent to 17 tennis courts, a record, the British science journal Nature reports today.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,8588873%255E1702,00.html

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I am so happy because I was running out of space to store my tennis court collection!

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
I am so happy because I was running out of space to store my tennis court collection!
GASP! ME, TOO!

tennis courts per gram

My new favorite ratio.

grrrrr an annoying ratio...at least its not "rubber duck" measurements...which annoy me! how dense are these crystals?? one in my bedroom would sort out the mess NO PROBLEM!

Zen thought of the moment: Setting these crystals in a tennis bracelet.

FAQ: How Does a Crystal Turn Space Inside Out?

1. What is "Crystal turns space inside out"?

"Crystal turns space inside out" is a scientific concept that proposes the idea of using crystals to manipulate and change the structure of space itself.

2. How is this possible?

This concept is based on the theory of general relativity, which suggests that gravity is the curvature of space and time caused by the presence of matter. By using crystals to manipulate the gravitational field, it may be possible to alter the structure of space.

3. What are the potential applications of this concept?

If this concept were to be proven feasible, it could have a wide range of applications in space exploration and technology. It could potentially lead to the development of faster and more efficient space travel, as well as advancements in communication and navigation systems.

4. Has this concept been tested or proven?

While there have been some experiments and studies conducted on the effects of crystals on gravity, this concept is still largely theoretical and has not been conclusively proven. Further research and experimentation are needed to fully understand the potential of this concept.

5. What are some challenges or limitations of using crystals to manipulate space?

Some possible challenges or limitations include the difficulty of finding the right type of crystals and understanding their properties, as well as the technical challenges of creating and controlling a crystal-based device that can manipulate space. Additionally, the long-term effects and potential consequences of altering the structure of space are not yet fully understood.

Back