How Does Induced Current Change with Loop Acceleration Through a Magnetic Field?

ChuFta
New user has been reminded to always show their work on schoolwork problems.
Homework Statement
A wire loop accelerates from position 1 to position 5. It enters an area of a homogenous non changing magnetic field B. Rank the induced currents in the loop starting from the biggest
Relevant Equations
/
A wire loop accelerates from position 1 to position 5. It enters an area of a homogenous non changing magnetic field B. Rank the induced currents in the loop starting from the biggest. in solutions it says I4>I2>I1=I3=I5=0 but i dont understand why
1700926334971.png

Physics news on Phys.org
At the edge of the field region the flux through the loop will start changing. The faster the loop is moving (later in the acceleration) , the faster the rate of change of flux.

hutchphd said:
At the edge of the field region the flux through the loop will start changing. The faster the loop is moving (later in the acceleration) , the faster the rate of change of flux.
shouldnt it then be I5>I4>I3>I2>I1

The picture appears to be in Polish which is a problem for me........
I assume the places where I is zero are regions of constant field (no edges intersected by loop).

hutchphd said:
The picture appears to be in Polish which is a problem for me........
I assume the places where I is zero are regions of constant field (no edges intersected by loop).
its croatian, but i translated the text i just put this for the drawing in case it is not clear from the text
what do you mean that edges arent intersected by loop

Croation.
The loop moves in a region of constant field then ##\frac {d \phi} {dt}=0##

hutchphd said:
Croation.
The loop moves in a region of constant field then ##\frac {d \phi} {dt}=0##
ok thanks

Thread closed for Moderation...

Likes hutchphd
After reminding the new user @ChuFta to always show their work when posting schoolwork question, thread is reopened in case there is anything more to cover.

Likes hutchphd

Related to How Does Induced Current Change with Loop Acceleration Through a Magnetic Field?

1. How does the induced current change when the velocity of the loop increases in a magnetic field?

When the velocity of the loop increases, the rate at which the magnetic flux changes through the loop also increases. According to Faraday's Law of Electromagnetic Induction, the induced electromotive force (EMF) is proportional to the rate of change of magnetic flux. Therefore, a higher velocity results in a greater induced EMF, which in turn increases the induced current, assuming the resistance of the loop remains constant.

2. What role does the direction of motion of the loop play in the induced current?

The direction of the loop's motion relative to the magnetic field determines the direction of the induced current. According to Lenz's Law, the induced current will flow in a direction such that its magnetic field opposes the change in magnetic flux. If the loop moves in the opposite direction, the induced current will reverse its direction as well.

3. How does the shape of the loop affect the induced current when it accelerates through a magnetic field?

The shape of the loop affects the area through which the magnetic flux passes. A larger loop area results in a greater magnetic flux for a given magnetic field strength. When the loop accelerates, the rate of change of this flux determines the induced EMF. Therefore, a larger loop will generally produce a larger induced current, all else being equal.

4. What happens to the induced current if the loop accelerates through a non-uniform magnetic field?

If the loop accelerates through a non-uniform magnetic field, the rate of change of magnetic flux through different parts of the loop will vary. This can result in a more complex induced current that may vary in magnitude and direction over time. The overall induced EMF will depend on the net change in magnetic flux across the entire loop.

5. How does the resistance of the loop influence the induced current when it accelerates through a magnetic field?

The resistance of the loop plays a crucial role in determining the magnitude of the induced current. According to Ohm's Law, the induced current is equal to the induced EMF divided by the resistance of the loop. If the resistance increases, the induced current will decrease for a given induced EMF. Conversely, a lower resistance will result in a higher induced current.