How Does Physics Influence Ice Formation in Cold-Tolerant Organisms?

• Thread starter MDuell
  • Start date
In summary, Physics and Thermal Biology is a field that combines the principles of physics and biology to study how living organisms respond to changes in temperature. This includes examining the effects of heat and cold on biological systems, as well as the ways in which organisms regulate their own body temperature. By using concepts such as thermodynamics, heat transfer, and thermoregulation, researchers in this field aim to understand the complex relationship between energy and living organisms, and how it influences their behavior, growth, and survival.
MDuell
How did you find PF?
Google search looking for advice on calculations for research applications
Hello! I'm a biology researcher and I find myself increasingly applying physics to solve my research problems. I'm interested in ice formation in organisms with different cold tolerance strategies. I'm hoping to gain a greater command over some physics relevant to my field from the community.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile:

We have very active Biology and Physics forums, as well as Engineering forums. I'm sure you'll find good reading here, and good places to post questions and discussions. :smile:

Back