How Does This Quantum Spin Equation Simplify?

• Thread starter Petar Mali
  • Start date
In summary, the equation describes a sum of terms involving the spin operators S and S^z, which can be separated into two sums and further simplified. The equation is also dependent on the variable I_n-m.
Petar Mali
[tex]\frac{1}{2}S\sum_{\vec{n},\vec{m}}I_{\vec{n}-\vec{m}}[(S-S_{\vec{n}}^z)+(S-S_{\vec{m}}^z)]=SI(0)\sum_{\vec{m}}(S-S_{\vec{m}}^z)[/tex]

How can I get this result?

Physics news on Phys.org
Separate the terms into two different sums, then you will have one sum that looks like [tex]\sum_{n,m} I_{n-m} (S-S^z_n)[/tex] and another with S^z_m. For the former, the sum over m can be carried out.

Petar Mali said:
[tex]\frac{1}{2}S\sum_{\vec{n},\vec{m}}I_{\vec{n}-\vec{m}}[(S-S_{\vec{n}}^z)+(S-S_{\vec{m}}^z)]=SI(0)\sum_{\vec{m}}(S-S_{\vec{m}}^z)[/tex]

What does this equation describe (just curious)?

Related to How Does This Quantum Spin Equation Simplify?

1. What is the best approach to understanding a difficult concept?

The best approach to understanding a difficult concept is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Start by identifying the key terms and definitions related to the concept and then try to connect them in a logical way. It can also be helpful to look for real-life examples or analogies to help make the concept more relatable.

2. Why do some people struggle to understand certain concepts?

There are a variety of reasons why someone may struggle to understand a concept. It could be due to a lack of prior knowledge or background information, a difference in learning style, or difficulty grasping abstract or complex ideas. It's important to identify the specific challenge and find a personalized approach to understanding the concept.

3. How can I improve my understanding of a subject I struggle with?

One way to improve understanding of a subject is to actively engage with the material. This could include taking notes, asking questions, participating in discussions or activities, and practicing with different types of problems or scenarios. Seeking help from a teacher or tutor can also be beneficial.

4. What should I do if I still don't understand a concept after trying different approaches?

If you have tried different approaches and still don't understand a concept, it may be helpful to take a step back and reassess your approach. Are there any gaps in your knowledge or understanding that need to be addressed? It may also be beneficial to seek help from a teacher or peer, or try explaining the concept to someone else to solidify your own understanding.

5. How can I overcome frustration when I don't understand something?

Feeling frustrated when you don't understand something is completely normal, but it's important to not let it discourage you. Take breaks when needed and come back to the concept with a fresh perspective. Remind yourself that it's okay to not understand something right away and that it may take time and effort to fully grasp the concept. Seeking help and support from others can also help alleviate frustration.

Back