How many percent does the kepler telescope investigate of the sky?

In summary, the Kepler telescope covers approximately 0.28% of the sky, uses a photometer to choose its targets, can only observe a small fraction of the sky at a time, has discovered over 2,800 exoplanets, and is no longer operational but its data is still being analyzed for new discoveries.
Gliese123
As the title. How many precent of the entire sky is investigated by the kepler telescope? I'm aware of that it's very little, but does anyone find a good page of this? I've looked, without results. I'm very thankful for help! :biggrin:

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Thanks a lot :D

Related to How many percent does the kepler telescope investigate of the sky?

1. How much of the sky does the Kepler telescope cover?

The Kepler telescope covers approximately 0.28% of the sky, which is equivalent to an area of 115 square degrees.

2. How does the Kepler telescope choose its targets?

The Kepler telescope uses a photometer to detect changes in the brightness of stars, and targets stars that have a high potential for hosting exoplanets based on their size and distance from Earth.

3. Can the Kepler telescope see the entire sky at once?

No, the Kepler telescope can only observe a small fraction of the sky at a time due to its fixed position in space and limited field of view.

4. How many exoplanets has the Kepler telescope discovered?

As of 2021, the Kepler telescope has discovered over 2,800 exoplanets, with more potential candidates waiting to be confirmed.

5. Is the Kepler telescope still operational?

No, the Kepler telescope ceased operations in 2018 after completing its primary mission. However, its data is still being analyzed by scientists and new discoveries are still being made.