How should I go about my degree/transfer plans - college par

In summary, the speaker plans to transfer to college park after community college and has the desired grades, except for four dropped classes: one in calc 2 and one in physics 1. The speaker explains that they dropped calc 2 because they wanted an A and physics 1 due to family issues. They then ask for recommendations for engineering programs similar to college park in the DMV area, and suggest that retaking the dropped courses and earning an A or B would not pose a problem.
smx
So I'd like to transfer to college park ultimately after community college! I have the grades that they want...However, I have one issue. I have four dropped classes, one in calc 2 and one in physics 1... I got the grade they wanted in calc 2 on the first try but i wanted an A..Ultimately dropped the class. For the physics 1 drop, I had some family stuff going on that caused me to drop that.. What are other good engineering programs comparable to that of umd college park's in the DMV area?? L

Physics news on Phys.org
If you went back and re-took these courses and earned an A or B, then I don't think you will have a problem.

FAQ: How should I go about my degree/transfer plans - college par

1. What degree should I pursue?

Choosing a degree can be a daunting task, but it's important to consider your passions, interests, and career goals when making this decision. Think about what subjects you have excelled in and what career paths you are interested in. Also, research the job market and demand for certain degrees to make an informed decision.

2. How do I know which courses to take?

It's important to meet with an academic advisor to discuss your degree and transfer plans. They can help create a course plan that aligns with your goals and ensure that you are taking the necessary courses for your degree. You can also research the specific requirements for your desired degree and make sure you are taking the right courses to fulfill them.

3. When should I start planning for a transfer?

It's never too early to start planning for a transfer. It's important to research transfer requirements for the college you want to attend and make sure you are taking the necessary courses. It's also important to maintain a high GPA and get involved in extracurricular activities to make yourself a competitive applicant.

4. How long will it take to complete my degree?

The length of time it takes to complete a degree depends on a variety of factors including the type of degree, the number of credits required, and your course load. On average, a bachelor's degree takes four years to complete, but it could take longer if you are transferring or taking a reduced course load.

5. Can I change my major or transfer after starting my degree?

Yes, it is possible to change your major or transfer after starting your degree. However, it's important to carefully consider the implications of these decisions and make sure it aligns with your goals. It may also require additional coursework and time to complete your degree.