How to add HZO as an Oxide gate in Silvaco TCAD?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of time management and how to prioritize tasks effectively. The speakers discussed the importance of setting clear goals and deadlines, as well as the need for balance and self-care. They also mentioned the benefits of creating a schedule and sticking to it, while also being flexible and adjusting when necessary. The overall consensus was that effective time management is crucial for success and can lead to a more fulfilled and productive life.
mhr0003
TL;DR Summary
Help me add hafnium zirconium oxide in Silvaco
I am trying to simulate a Gate-All-Around FET in Silvaco TCAD for my thesis but I can't figure out how to add HZO (Hf0.5Zr0.5O2). I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with the code for HZO or help me in any other way.
Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Here are some examples from Silvaco:

Related to How to add HZO as an Oxide gate in Silvaco TCAD?

How do I define the material properties for HZO in Silvaco TCAD?

To define the material properties for HfZrO2 (HZO), you need to add its parameters to the material database in Silvaco TCAD. This includes defining its dielectric constant, bandgap, electron affinity, and other relevant properties. You can do this using the `material` command in the input deck.

What is the syntax for adding HZO as an oxide gate in the device structure?

To add HZO as an oxide gate, you can use the `oxide` command in the device structure section of the input deck. For example:

oxide material=HZO thick=10.0
This command sets HZO as the gate oxide material with a thickness of 10 nm.

How do I specify the electrical properties of HZO in the simulation?

You need to define the electrical properties such as the relative permittivity (k-value) and band offsets. This can be done using the `material` command:

material name=HZO permittivity=25 bandgap=5.8 affinity=2.0
This sets the relative permittivity to 25, bandgap to 5.8 eV, and electron affinity to 2.0 eV.

How can I incorporate HZO in a MOSFET structure in Silvaco TCAD?

To incorporate HZO in a MOSFET structure, you need to define it as the gate oxide in the MOSFET section of your input deck. You can do this by specifying the gate material and its properties:

structure silicon substrate...gate material=HZO thick=10.0...
This defines a MOSFET with HZO as the gate oxide material.

What are the common issues when adding HZO as an oxide gate, and how to troubleshoot them?

Common issues include incorrect material property definitions, syntax errors in the input deck, and convergence problems in simulations. To troubleshoot, ensure all material properties are correctly defined, check for syntax errors, and use appropriate initial conditions and meshing strategies to aid convergence. Reviewing the Silvaco TCAD documentation for specific material parameters and simulation settings can also be helpful.