How to Calculate the Force of Flowing Gaseous Oxygen?

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of force exerted by gaseous oxygen flowing through a tube with a restriction. The formula for calculating flow using the size and length of the restriction and pressure is mentioned. The formula for calculating force using density, flow volume, and delta velocity is also mentioned. The speaker is unsure of the correct units to use for pressure and n, and the final unit for flow. They are seeking clarification and assistance.
Seaningtime
Hi guys, I am trying to calculate the force that gaseous oxygen would exert if it were to flow from a tube and come to a restriction in that tube.

I'm not sure if I am correct in my thinking, but so far, I think that the flow can be calculated by the size and length of the restriction, and then the pressure based on that flow

Pousielle's-->
Flow= (delta pressure * pi * r^4) / 8 * l * n

And from that flow you should be able to calculate the force

Force= density * flow volume * delta velocityNow, I'm thinking that this would work, but I'm not certain.
Any help would be appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm also just confused as to which units I should be using for pressure, n, and what units flow will end up as?
Thanks

FAQ: How to Calculate the Force of Flowing Gaseous Oxygen?

1. What is "Force of Flowing Gaseous Oxygen"?

The force of flowing gaseous oxygen refers to the pressure or strength exerted by a stream of oxygen gas as it moves through a space or container.

2. How is the force of flowing gaseous oxygen measured?

The force of flowing gaseous oxygen is typically measured in units of pressure, such as pounds per square inch (psi) or atmospheres (atm).

3. What factors can affect the force of flowing gaseous oxygen?

The force of flowing gaseous oxygen can be affected by factors such as temperature, volume, and the rate of flow. Changes in these factors can alter the pressure of the gas.

4. How is the force of flowing gaseous oxygen used in scientific research and applications?

The force of flowing gaseous oxygen is utilized in a variety of scientific experiments and applications, such as in gas chromatography, chemical reactions, and gas distribution systems.

5. What safety precautions should be taken when working with the force of flowing gaseous oxygen?

Special care should be taken when working with the force of flowing gaseous oxygen, as it can be highly reactive and flammable. Proper ventilation and protective gear should be used to prevent accidents.