How to check your answers using a TI-84

• Calculators
  • Thread starter moonman239
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ti-84
In summary, to use the Equation Solver on your calculator, press the Y= key and enter the left and right sides of the equation for Y1 and Y2. Remember to write the equation with x as the independent variable and y as the dependent variable. Then, access the Equation Solver by pressing MATH->ALPHA->APPS and select option B. If you don't see "EQUATION SOLVER," press CLEAR and then press VARS and scroll to the right. Enter "(X)-" and repeat for "(X)" and then type in your calculation for X. Make sure the bound is {-1E99, 1E99} and press ALPHA-ENTER on the X= line. Repeat for multiple solutions if
moonman239
It's simple.

1. Press the Y= key.
2. For Y1, enter the left side of the equation.
3. For Y2, enter the right side of the equation.
Note: You have to write the equations so that x + y = 7 becomes y = 7 - x or 2x + 4y = 10 becomes y = (10-2x)/4. You can only have one independent variable, and it has to be called X. The dependent variable will be called Y.
2. Access the Equation Solver by pressing MATH->ALPHA->APPS. In case you don't know, what you're doing is accessing the Math menu and selecting option B by inputting the letter B (you do that by pressing ALPHA to activate the alphanumeric keyboard, then by pressing the "APPS" key, which represents the letter B.")
3. If you don't see the phrase "EQUATION SOLVER" at the top, scroll up, then press the CLEAR key.
4. Press VARS.
5. Scroll to the right.
6. Press ENTER twice.
7. Type in "(X)-".
8. Repeat steps 4 and 5.
9. Scroll down one option.
10. Hit ENTER.
11. Type in "(X)".
12. Press ENTER.
13. Type in your calculation of X.
14. Make sure the bound is {-1E99, 1E99}.
15. Place the cursor on the X= line, if it isn't already there, then press ALPHA-ENTER.
16. Repeat step 13 if you have multiple solutions.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Thanks for the tip moonman!

Related to How to check your answers using a TI-84

1. How do I check my answers using a TI-84 calculator?

To check your answers using a TI-84 calculator, follow these steps:1. Enter the equation or problem into the calculator.2. Press the "enter" button to solve the problem.3. Compare the answer displayed on the calculator to the answer you calculated manually or using another method.4. If the answers match, your answer is correct. If they do not match, you may have entered the problem incorrectly or there may be an error in your calculations.

2. Can I use my TI-84 calculator to check answers for all types of problems?

Yes, the TI-84 calculator can be used to check answers for a wide range of problems, including algebra, trigonometry, geometry, and calculus. However, it may not be able to solve more complex problems that require advanced mathematical functions or graphing.

3. How do I check my answers for graphing problems?

If you are checking your answers for a graphing problem, follow these steps:1. Enter the equation into the "Y=" screen.2. Press the "graph" button to see the graph of the equation.3. Use the arrow keys to move along the graph and check that your plotted points match the solution you calculated.4. If the points match, your answer is correct. If they do not match, there may be an error in your calculations or you may have entered the equation incorrectly.

4. Is there a way to check my answers without actually solving the problem on the calculator?

Yes, the TI-84 calculator has a "solve" function that allows you to input an equation and find the value of the variable that makes the equation true. This can be used to check your answers without having to manually solve the problem. However, this function may not work for all types of problems.

5. Can I check my answers for multiple choice questions using a TI-84 calculator?

No, the TI-84 calculator does not have a built-in multiple choice test checker. It is designed to solve equations and graph functions. However, you can use the calculator to check your work and make sure the answer you chose for a multiple choice question is correct.