How to Fix 'Undefined Symbol: G77_date_and_time_0' Error in Fortran Subroutine?

In summary, the error message "Fortran undefined symbol f90" means that the code is trying to use a function or variable that has not been defined or declared in the program. To fix this error, you can check for spelling errors and ensure all necessary libraries or modules are included, and declare any missing functions or variables. Both missing modules and libraries can cause this error, which is different from a syntax error that violates the rules of the Fortran language.
Dreyliciouss
27 Jul 10 2:35
Hello,
I have an error when I try to execute my python program which uses a fortran subroutine (which call date_and_time function) :
"undefined symbol: G77_date_and_time_0"

Do you know how can I fix this issue?
Thank you very much!

Technology news on Phys.org
It looks like a compiler error. Are you trying to force a g95 compile that uses g77 calls? It seems like it may be a compiler-specific function that is causing the problem.

Related to How to Fix 'Undefined Symbol: G77_date_and_time_0' Error in Fortran Subroutine?

1. What does the error message "Fortran undefined symbol f90" mean?

The error message "Fortran undefined symbol f90" means that the code is trying to use a function or variable that has not been defined or declared in the program. This can happen when the function or variable is misspelled or when the program is missing a necessary library or module.

2. How do I fix the "Fortran undefined symbol f90" error?

To fix the "Fortran undefined symbol f90" error, you can check for any spelling errors in the code and make sure that all necessary libraries or modules are included. If the error persists, you may need to declare the missing function or variable in the program.

3. Can a missing module cause the "Fortran undefined symbol f90" error?

Yes, a missing module can cause the "Fortran undefined symbol f90" error. If the program is trying to use a function or variable from a module that has not been included, the compiler will not be able to find the symbol and will throw the error.

4. What is the difference between an undefined symbol and a syntax error in Fortran?

An undefined symbol error means that the program is trying to use a function or variable that has not been defined or declared. A syntax error, on the other hand, means that the code violates the rules of the Fortran language and cannot be compiled. Both types of errors can prevent the program from running successfully.

5. Can a missing library cause the "Fortran undefined symbol f90" error?

Yes, a missing library can cause the "Fortran undefined symbol f90" error. If the program is trying to use a function or variable from a library that has not been included, the compiler will not be able to find the symbol and will throw the error.