How to Perform Convolution with Non-Aligned Zero Points?

• Thread starter cleopatra
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Convolution
In summary, Convolution is a mathematical operation used in science to combine two functions and produce a third function that represents the modification of one function by the other. It has many applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and signal processing, and is commonly used in image processing for tasks such as blurring, edge enhancement, and filtering. There is a close relationship between Convolution and the Fourier Transform, as the Fourier Transform of a convolution is equal to the product of the individual Fourier Transforms. To learn more about Convolution, there are various resources available such as textbooks, online courses, and tutorials, and experimenting with different functions and datasets can be helpful in understanding its concepts.
cleopatra

Homework Statement

x={1,2,3,1} zero n is at 2.
y={4,5,6,7,8} zero n is at 6

I´m not sure how to do it when zeros are not at the same place
Can you show me the first three steps:
y(0)
y(1)
and y(2)

x(n)y(n-k)

Physics news on Phys.org
anybody? I don´t know how to do this.

Well I don't know what you are talking about. Why don't you post the question as it is?

FAQ: How to Perform Convolution with Non-Aligned Zero Points?

1. What is Convolution?

Convolution is a mathematical operation that combines two functions to produce a third function, representing how the shape of one function is modified by the other.

2. How is Convolution used in science?

Convolution is used in many scientific fields, including physics, engineering, and signal processing. It can help analyze data, filter out noise, and model complex systems.

3. Can you give an example of Convolution in action?

One example of Convolution in action is in image processing. It can be used to blur an image, enhance edges, or apply various filters.

4. What is the relationship between Convolution and the Fourier Transform?

Convolution and the Fourier Transform are closely related, as the Fourier Transform of a convolution of two functions is equal to the product of their individual Fourier Transforms.

5. How can I learn more about Convolution?

There are many resources available to learn more about Convolution, including textbooks, online courses, and tutorials. Additionally, experimenting with different functions and datasets can help deepen your understanding of Convolution.