How to Plot Electric Potential and Field with Given Boundary Conditions?

• Thread starter TomorrowS
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of plotting the electric potential and electric field by finding a function in terms of x and y. The use of symmetry and conformal mapping is mentioned, as well as the use of V=1, -1 plate and V=0 boundary. The individual is seeking guidance on how to effectively draw the solution.
TomorrowS
2017-08-06 17;36;32.PNG

To plot the electric potential and electric field, we should find the function about x, y.The attempt at a solution
I try to get E(ΔV/d) in x-axis, but no more development, to y and diagonal direction.

plus, Let me know how to use V=1, -1 plate, and V=0(boundary).

Physics news on Phys.org
It just asks to draw the answer, so I think that trying to determine a "function about x, y" is more than it is asking for. Also, I don't see any conformal mapping that would give you such a function. You can use symmetry to determine some values on the y axis. I don't know what type of "drawing" would work well.

Related to How to Plot Electric Potential and Field with Given Boundary Conditions?

What is the E and V about x and y?

The E and V about x and y refers to the energy and velocity of an object in relation to its position on the x and y axes. This concept is commonly used in physics and engineering to describe the motion of an object.

How are E and V related to x and y?

The energy (E) and velocity (V) of an object are directly related to its position on the x and y axes. As an object moves along these axes, its energy and velocity may change depending on the forces acting upon it.

What is the significance of E and V in physics?

In physics, energy and velocity are fundamental concepts that help us understand the movement and interactions of objects in the universe. They are used to describe the behavior of particles, waves, and other phenomena.

How do E and V affect the motion of an object?

The energy and velocity of an object have a direct impact on its motion. For example, an increase in energy can result in an increase in speed, while a decrease in energy can lead to a decrease in speed. Changes in velocity can also affect an object's direction of motion.

Can E and V be calculated or measured?

Yes, both energy and velocity can be calculated or measured using various methods and formulas. For example, the kinetic energy of an object can be calculated using its mass and velocity, while the velocity of an object can be measured using a variety of tools such as radar guns or speedometers.