How to remove Google ad thing on PF

• Thread starter Desiree
  • Start date
In summary, to remove the Google ad thing on PF, you will need to log into your AdSense account, navigate to the "Ads" section, and select the ad unit you want to remove. This can only be done with an AdSense account, as the ads are generated through it. Removing the ads will not affect your website's SEO, and with an AdSense account, you can choose the types of ads displayed on your website and still earn money through other means.
Desiree
I use Firefox and notice the small Google ad frame on top right of the page blocks the thread's text...do you know how I can get rid of it? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Ad blocker plus.

You can upgrade and become a Contributor
https://www.physicsforums.com/payments.php

The ads are there to ensure PF's financial health.

btw, if you login, you should not be seeing the square ad block.

Last edited:
Greg Bernhardt said:
btw, if you login, you should not be seeing the square ad block.

Thanks, this helped.

FAQ: How to remove Google ad thing on PF

1. How do I remove the Google ad thing on PF?

The Google ad thing on PF is called Google AdSense, and it is a type of advertisement that is automatically generated by Google. To remove it, you will need to log into your AdSense account and navigate to the "Ads" section. From there, you can select the ad unit that you would like to remove and click "Delete".

2. Can I remove the Google ad thing without an AdSense account?

Unfortunately, the only way to remove the Google ad thing on PF is through an AdSense account. This is because the ads are generated through AdSense, and without an account, you will not have access to the settings and options to remove them.

3. Will removing the Google ad thing affect my website's SEO?

No, removing the Google ad thing will not affect your website's SEO. These ads are not considered as part of your website's content by search engines, so removing them will not have any impact on your website's ranking.

4. Can I choose which ads to display on my website?

Yes, with an AdSense account, you can customize the types of ads that are displayed on your website. You can choose the ad formats, sizes, and even block certain categories of ads that you do not want to be displayed.

5. Will I still earn money if I remove the Google ad thing?

If you remove the Google ad thing on PF, you will no longer earn money from those specific ads. However, you can still earn money through other means, such as affiliate marketing, sponsored content, or selling your own products or services.