How to Save a Mathim Session with TeX Formatting?

• Thread starter kompik
  • Start date
In summary, users are experiencing issues with saving and copying text from mathim.com, as the dollar signs are being lost in the process. They suggest adding a feature to save the text with dollars intact for easier processing with TeX. There is also a question about the affiliation of mathim with this forum. However, it seems that the issue has been resolved by a user named tommycli.
kompik
When I type in mathim chat http://mathim.com/ and I try to save all text simply by selecting it, all dollars got lost. Otherwise the TeX markup is kept.

I think a possibility of saving it with dollars would be useful, since then I could save the text of chat and process it with TeX.

A side question: Is mathim affiliated with this forum in some way. (I've notice that it gives a link to this forum.)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Physics news on Phys.org
I may have fixed it. See if it works.

tommycli said:
I may have fixed it. See if it works.
Thanks a lot, tommycli!
It works nice - the clipboard contains dollars now.

It seems that mathim was changed again.
When I try to copy the text from mathim, there are no dollar signs, some symbols are copied as unicode symbols, some of them are not copied at all.
:-(

I am not affiliated with mathim or this forum, but I can provide some insights on how to save a session on mathim. It seems that when you try to save the text by selecting it, the dollars (which I assume are used for TeX formatting) are lost. One solution could be to use a different method of saving, such as copying and pasting the text into a document or using a screenshot tool to save the entire chat. Another solution could be to contact the developers of mathim and suggest adding a feature to save the text with dollars intact. As for the side question, I am not aware of any affiliation between mathim and this forum, but it is always good to check the terms of use or contact the website for more information.

FAQ: How to Save a Mathim Session with TeX Formatting?

1. What is Mathim?

Mathim is a web-based platform that allows users to create and save mathematical equations and graphs for future reference or collaboration.

2. How do I save a session on Mathim?

To save a session on Mathim, click on the "Save" button at the top of the screen. This will prompt you to enter a name for your session and choose a folder to save it in. Once saved, you can access your session at any time by clicking on the "Load" button and selecting the saved session from your folder.

3. Can I share my saved session with others?

Yes, you can share your saved session with others by clicking on the "Share" button at the top of the screen. This will generate a unique link that you can send to others to access your session. You can also choose to make your session public, allowing anyone with the link to view and collaborate on it.

4. Is Mathim free to use?

Yes, Mathim is free to use. However, there is a premium version available with additional features and storage space for a fee.

5. Can I edit a saved session on Mathim?

Yes, you can edit a saved session on Mathim at any time by clicking on the "Load" button and selecting the saved session. This will open the session in the editor, where you can make changes and save them again if desired.