How to Solve the Red Balls Game: Tips and Tricks for High Scores

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Balls
In summary, the conversation is about solving a game on Puzzle Choice and the use of group theory to understand it better. The group theory article provided may give ideas on how to solve the game. One person managed to solve it with one ball left, but cannot remember how. Another person is having trouble with the game not working on their computer. The difficulty lies in leaving 8 balls on the board, but it is possible to win with only 6 moves. The end formation may involve a line of balls on one edge. The starting position of the missing ball varies, making it more challenging to win. One person managed to get 7 balls left, but not 8, and then eventually solved it with 10 balls left.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
Does anyone know how to solve this game:
http://www.puzzlechoice.com/pc/IQ_Gamex.html

as in the highest and second hisghest scores.

I am sure there's group theory somewhere, but I never got it...
:-/

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I managed to just do it to get down to one, but I can't remember how!

It doesn't work on my computer. Can start a new game but can't move the balls.

Hmm, can't figure out how to leave 8. It shouldn't be too hard, since you are only allowed 6 moves to do it. I don't know what the end formation should look like, but probably will have a line of balls on one edge (when I won with only one ball, I had a "triangle of side length 3" in the bottom corner and another on the top and finished from there).

Also, the missing ball seems to start at different places each time, so whether you can win may be based on that.

Argh, managed to get 7, but not 8.

Nm, just done it, with 10 balls left lol!

Attachments

• IQ.jpg
    IQ.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 422

FAQ: How to Solve the Red Balls Game: Tips and Tricks for High Scores

1. How do I start playing the Red Balls Game?

To start playing the Red Balls Game, simply click on the "Play" button on the game's homepage. This will bring you to the game screen where you can begin playing.

2. What is the objective of the Red Balls Game?

The objective of the Red Balls Game is to collect as many red balls as possible while avoiding the black balls. Each red ball collected earns you one point, while hitting a black ball will end the game.

3. What are some tips for getting a high score in the Red Balls Game?

Some tips for getting a high score in the Red Balls Game include staying near the center of the screen to have more time to react to incoming balls, using the walls to bounce away from black balls, and focusing on collecting red balls rather than avoiding black balls.

4. How do power-ups work in the Red Balls Game?

Power-ups randomly appear in the game and can give you an advantage by slowing down time or making you temporarily invincible. To activate a power-up, simply move your character over it.

5. Is there a strategy for playing the Red Balls Game?

While there is no one specific strategy for playing the Red Balls Game, some general tips include staying calm and focused, practicing to improve reaction time, and learning the patterns of the balls to anticipate their movements.