How to Solve x3+3x/3x2+1 using Componendo and Dividendo?

• Thread starter physics kiddy
  • Start date
In summary, you have tried applying Componendo and Dividendo, then k-method, but you have not been able to solve the equation.
physics kiddy
Please solve this equation :

x3+3x/3x2+1 = 341/91

I applied Componendo and Dividendo, then k-method but could not solve this question. Please help me.

Physics news on Phys.org
physics kiddy said:

x3+3x/3x2+1 = 341/91

I applied Componendo and Dividendo, then k-method but could not solve this question. Please help me.
Do you mean: (x3+3x)/(3x2+1) = 341/91 ?

Parentheses are important.

yes.

Did you try applying the rules of algebra?

no, i must use either componendo and dividendo or k-method. No algebra at all.

physics kiddy said:
no, i must use either componendo and dividendo or k-method. No algebra at all.
I doubt that many of us here even know what "componendo and dividendo" mean or what "k-method" means.

The first two are apparently Spanish or maybe Portuguese for combining and dividing.

physics kiddy,
Are you trying to solve for x, or are you substituting a value for x in order to evaluate the rational expression?

physics kiddy said:

x3+3x/3x2+1 = 341/91

Hiii physics kiddy !

Try applying componendo and dividendo once more. I will guide you. :wink:

k-method cannot work here because there are no proportional relation given.
If there are relations like a,b,c and d are in continued proportion , then k-method can be applied.

You can even try cross-multiplying.
:wink:

sankalpmittal said:
Hiii physics kiddy !

Try applying componendo and dividendo once more. I will guide you. :wink:

k-method cannot work here because there are no proportional relation given.
If there are relations like a,b,c and d are in continued proportion , then k-method can be applied.

You can even try cross-multiplying.
:wink:

Please solve this question. I am tired of using componendo and dividendo but all my efforts go useless. I can't go any further. It would be very kind of you if you solve the question. Thanks again for the help.

physics kiddy said:
Please solve this question. I am tired of using componendo and dividendo but all my efforts go useless. I can't go any further. It would be very kind of you if you solve the question. Thanks again for the help.

You need to show an attempt at the problem. Show us what you've tried.

We don't dislike you enough to want to prevent you from learning! I am closing this thread. If you really want help, start a new thread showing what you have done.

FAQ: How to Solve x3+3x/3x2+1 using Componendo and Dividendo?

What is "Componendo and Dividendo"?

"Componendo and Dividendo" is a mathematical technique used to solve equations involving ratios and proportions.

How does "Componendo and Dividendo" work?

The technique involves adding or subtracting the numerators and denominators of two fractions to create a new equation with the same proportion as the original.

When is "Componendo and Dividendo" used?

It is commonly used in geometry and trigonometry to solve problems involving similar figures or right triangles.

What are the benefits of using "Componendo and Dividendo"?

It simplifies the process of solving equations involving ratios and can lead to quicker solutions. It can also be used as a proof technique in mathematics.

Are there any limitations to using "Componendo and Dividendo"?

While it is a useful technique, it may not always work for all types of equations and may not be the most efficient method for solving certain problems.

Back