How to Use Two Enable Inputs in a Challenging Decoder Question?

• Thread starter tonald
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Decoder
In summary, a challenging decoder question is a puzzle or problem that requires the use of logic and critical thinking skills to decipher a hidden message or code. They are important for developing problem-solving skills and can be improved by regular practice and joining puzzle-solving communities. Some common types include cryptograms, ciphers, brain teasers, and logic puzzles. Challenging decoder questions have real-world applications in fields such as cybersecurity and education, as well as for entertainment purposes.
tonald
I have no idea about how to use two "enable inputs". (the second part of the question)

Attachments

• ??.JPG
    ??.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 380
Physics news on Phys.org
tonald said:
I have no idea about how to use two "enable inputs". (the second part of the question)

When neither of the enable inputs is asserted, all of the outputs are disabled.

If you're stuck on implementation, I advise you to study the 74LS137 3-to-8 decoder :)

Wo0p said:
If you're stuck on implementation, I advise you to study the 74LS137 3-to-8 decoder :)

Actually, since the question doesn't require address latches, it might be easier for them to study the 74xx138 IC. Good suggestion, though.

(xx = HC, AC, LS, whatever).

berkeman: you're quite right, ty

Related to How to Use Two Enable Inputs in a Challenging Decoder Question?

What is a challenging decoder question?

A challenging decoder question is a puzzle or problem that requires the use of logic and critical thinking skills to decipher a hidden message or code. It typically involves a series of clues, codes, or symbols that must be decoded in a specific order to reveal the answer.

Why are challenging decoder questions important?

Challenging decoder questions are important because they help develop problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and logical reasoning abilities. They also improve memory, concentration, and creativity. In addition, they are fun and engaging activities that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.

How can I improve my skills in solving challenging decoder questions?

To improve your skills in solving challenging decoder questions, you can practice regularly, start with easier puzzles and gradually move on to more difficult ones, and pay attention to the strategies and techniques used by experienced problem solvers. You can also join puzzle-solving communities and participate in challenges and competitions.

What are some common types of challenging decoder questions?

Some common types of challenging decoder questions include cryptograms, ciphers, brain teasers, riddles, logic puzzles, and code-breaking challenges. They can be presented in various forms such as text, images, audio, or video, and may involve different levels of difficulty.

Are there any real-world applications of challenging decoder questions?

Yes, there are many real-world applications of challenging decoder questions. They are often used in the fields of cybersecurity, intelligence gathering, and data encryption. They are also used in educational settings to teach problem-solving skills and in escape rooms and scavenger hunts for entertainment purposes.