How to write a Java application in Netbeans IDE 8.0.2?

In summary, to create a new Java project in Netbeans IDE 8.0.2, go to File > New Project, select Java under Categories and Java Application under Projects, and follow the prompts. To add external libraries, right-click on your project in the Projects window, go to Properties, and click on the Add JAR/Folder button. To debug your Java application, click on the Debug button or press F5, and to run it, click on the Run button or press F6. To export your Java application as an executable JAR file, right-click on your project in the Projects window, select Clean and Build, and run the resulting JAR file on any computer with Java installed.
Math10
How to write a Java application in NetBeans IDE 8.0.2? Do you first go to File at the top and select new project or what?

Technology news on Phys.org
Likes WhatHitMe and Math10

Related to How to write a Java application in Netbeans IDE 8.0.2?

1. How do I create a new Java project in Netbeans IDE 8.0.2?

To create a new Java project in Netbeans IDE 8.0.2, go to File > New Project. In the New Project window, select Java under Categories and Java Application under Projects. Click Next and follow the prompts to set up your project.

2. How can I add external libraries to my Java project in Netbeans IDE 8.0.2?

To add external libraries to your Java project in Netbeans IDE 8.0.2, right-click on your project in the Projects window and select Properties. In the Properties window, go to Libraries and click on the Add JAR/Folder button. Select the external JAR file you want to add and click Open.

3. Is it possible to debug my Java application in Netbeans IDE 8.0.2?

Yes, Netbeans IDE 8.0.2 has a built-in debugger that allows you to step through your code and identify and fix any errors. To debug your Java application, click on the Debug button (bug icon) or press F5 on your keyboard. You can set breakpoints in your code by clicking on the left margin of the code editor.

4. How do I run my Java application in Netbeans IDE 8.0.2?

To run your Java application in Netbeans IDE 8.0.2, click on the Run button (green arrow icon) or press F6 on your keyboard. This will compile your code and execute the main method of your application. You can also run your application by right-clicking on the project in the Projects window and selecting Run.

5. Can I export my Java application from Netbeans IDE 8.0.2 as an executable JAR file?

Yes, Netbeans IDE 8.0.2 allows you to export your Java application as an executable JAR file. Right-click on your project in the Projects window and select Clean and Build. This will create a JAR file in the dist folder of your project directory. You can then run this JAR file on any computer with Java installed.