How Will an Artist Integrate Physics and Art During a Residency at CERN?

• Thread starter banningthorne
  • Start date
In summary, an artist who participates in a residency at CERN will have the opportunity to explore the intersection of physics and art. This may involve creating pieces that reflect or interpret scientific concepts, collaborating with physicists to incorporate scientific data or technology into their work, or simply immersing themselves in the environment and gaining inspiration from the cutting-edge research happening at CERN. The residency program aims to bridge the gap between the seemingly disparate fields of art and science, allowing artists to bring a unique perspective to the complex world of particle physics.
banningthorne
I am an artist from a family of physicists and engineers. I am about to have an "artist residency" at CERN.

My father and Grandfather both worked on the Manhattan project and I have archives of material, mostly personal and anecdotal, about their work before, during, and after WWII.

My Grandfather was the lead engineer at Berkeley working with Lawrence before the US entered the war. He worked on the cyclotron and was a main designer of the factory at Oak Ridge. His name does not show up in the books because he was sub-contracted from Stone and Webster in Boston. He has amazing stories from this period, in an unpublished manuscript and on tape cassettes.

My father was in charge of the nuclear powered airplane engine developed at General Electric during the 50's and 60's. We have the scale model of the engine and artist renderings, plus notes and his book entitled "Remote Handling."

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What is an "artist residency" at CERN? Can you post any links?