Unraveling Hubble Law and Integral: A PF Forum Guide

In summary, the conversation discusses the basic concept of Hubble Law and its formula, which includes the Hubble constant, represented by H0. The formula is V = H0 * D, where V is velocity and D is distance. The conversation also explores a simplified version of the formula, where for every 10 meters, the velocity increases by 1 m/s. The conversation concludes with a question about the time it takes for an object to travel a certain distance, which is solved using the formula Time = Distance / Speed.
Stephanus
Dear PF Forum,
I know this is a very basic, basic question. But I'd like to refresh my memory.
In Hubble Law.
##V = H_0 \, D##
##H_0## is Hubble constant, aproximately ##\frac{1}{3.1E17t}##
Okayy, let's say we alter those number to an easier number.
For every 10 metres, the velocity adds 1 m/s.
This is how we write, ok?
##V = 0.1\, D##
And now this.
If an object 1000 metres from us, speeding 100m/s, of course. What time does it takes to reach 4000 metres from us?
Time is Distance / Speed.
What is the formula?
Is this correct?
##\int_a^b \frac{H_0}{x}dx, a = 1000, b = 4000##

Physics news on Phys.org
##V=dx/dt## then ##dt=dx/V## then integrate it ##V=HD## İnside the integral will be ##1/H_0xdx##

Last edited:
RyanH42 said:
##V=dx/dt## then ##dt=dx/V## then integrate it ##V=HD## İnside the integral will be ##1/H_0dx##
Ahh, of course H0 is the divider, how careless I am!
Thanks.

Related to Unraveling Hubble Law and Integral: A PF Forum Guide

1. What is Hubble Law?

Hubble Law is a cosmological principle which describes the relationship between the distance of galaxies and their relative velocity. It states that the further away a galaxy is, the faster it is moving away from us.

2. How does the Hubble Law contribute to our understanding of the universe?

By observing the relationship between the distance and velocity of galaxies, we can infer that the universe is expanding. This helps us understand the origins and evolution of the universe.

3. What is the role of the Hubble constant in Hubble Law?

The Hubble constant is a numerical value that represents the rate of expansion of the universe. It is used in the Hubble Law equation to calculate the distance of galaxies based on their observed velocities.

4. What is the Integral in the context of Hubble Law?

The Integral in Hubble Law is a mathematical concept that is used to calculate the distance of galaxies based on their observed velocities. It is an important tool in understanding the expansion of the universe.

5. How can I use Hubble Law and Integral to study the universe?

By using the Hubble Law equation and Integral, scientists can determine the distance and velocity of galaxies. This information can then be used to study the structure, origins, and evolution of the universe.