I am not from US but want to study there......

• Thread starter Nabin Chapagain
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study
In summary, the conversation is about a person who wants to study cosmology and is looking for scholarship opportunities in the US. They are seeking help and information from others on how to apply for scholarships. A helpful resource for international students seeking scholarships is provided.
Nabin Chapagain
There is no provision for study of cosmology in our country so I want to apply for undergrad in the US and I am in serious need of scholarship.. Can anyone help me to get scholarship? Please help me with the informations you guys have...

Physics news on Phys.org
Nabin Chapagain said:
There is no provision for study of cosmology in our country so I want to apply for undergrad in the US and I am in serious need of scholarship.. Can anyone help me to get scholarship? Please help me with the informations you guys have...

As a foreign student, you will typically find it very hard to get any kind of scholarship. There are plenty of good uni's outside of the US however.

Related to I am not from US but want to study there......

1. How can I apply to study in the US as an international student?

As an international student, you can apply to study in the US by following these steps:

• Research and choose universities that you are interested in.
  • Check their admission requirements and deadlines.
  • Take required standardized tests such as the SAT or TOEFL.
  • Gather all necessary documents, including transcripts and letters of recommendation.
  • Submit your application and pay the application fee.
  • Wait for a decision from the university.

2. Is it difficult to get accepted into a university in the US as an international student?

It can be challenging to get accepted into a university in the US as an international student, as competition for admission is high. However, if you have a strong academic record, good test scores, and compelling personal essays, you have a good chance of being accepted.

3. Can I get financial aid to study in the US as an international student?

International students are not eligible for federal financial aid in the US. However, some universities offer merit-based scholarships or need-based financial aid for international students. You can also research other sources of funding, such as external scholarships or loans.

4. Do I need a student visa to study in the US?

Yes, as an international student, you will need a student visa to study in the US. You can apply for a student visa (F-1 or J-1) after you have been accepted into a US university and received a Form I-20 or DS-2019 from them. The visa application process may vary depending on your home country, so it is essential to check with the US embassy or consulate in your country.

5. Are there any language requirements for studying in the US as an international student?

If English is not your first language, most universities in the US will require you to demonstrate your proficiency in the language. This can be done by taking a standardized test such as the TOEFL or IELTS. However, some universities may waive this requirement if you have completed a certain level of education in English or if you are from an English-speaking country.