I completed my Bachelor's in ECE in 2022

• Engineering
  • Thread starter rohithyenni
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Career Stem
rohithyenni
Hi everyone,

I completed my Bachelor's in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) in 2022 and worked at a company for one year. However, I decided to quit, and now I find myself struggling to recall much of what I studied during my degree. I'm passionate about science but feeling overwhelmed by the numerous fields available.

I'm looking for guidance on choosing a scientific field that I can dedicate my life to. Given my background in ECE and my diverse interests in science, I would greatly appreciate your insights on potential fields that align with my skills and interests.

What scientific fields should I consider that offer fulfilling and lifelong career opportunities? Your advice and experiences would be invaluable to me.

Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
rohithyenni said:
What scientific fields should I consider that offer fulfilling and lifelong career opportunities?
What scientific fields others have found fulfilling is not relevant to what you will find fulfilling; only you can determine what scientific fields you find fulfilling. And too many unknowns for anyone to specify scientific fields that will provide lifelong career opportunities. As I've posted many times, more important are key personal traits: flexibility, adaptability, and ability to pivot as job markets change over the course of a lifetime.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Likes gleem, symbolipoint, DeBangis21 and 1 other person
rohithyenni said:
and worked at a company for one year. However, I decided to quit,
This was unwise. It puts time pressure on you (sooner or later` you will run out of money), and it makes it harder to find your next job (if he quit them after a year, will he quite us?) and make no mistake - graduate education is a job. And it got you no closer to your goal.

I would reenter the woirkforce ASAP, and consider your future plans from there.

Likes gleem, symbolipoint and CalcNerd
Vanadium 50 said:
This was unwise. It puts time pressure on you (sooner or later` you will run out of money), and it makes it harder to find your next job (if he quit them after a year, will he quite us?) and make no mistake - graduate education is a job. And it got you no closer to your goal.

I would reenter the workforce ASAP, and consider your future plans from there.
Keep in mind that the OP is from India (according to the OP's profile), and that they had worked for 1 year before quitting. Without knowing more about their experiences since then, they may not be able to re-enter the workforce that easily.

StatGuy2000 said:
Without knowing more about their experiences since then, they may not be able to re-enter the workforce that easily.
Which would be an even bigger red flag. "I can't find/hold down a job in industry so I thought I would become a scientist" is not a winning strategy.

The OP hasn't come back, which is probably also a bad sign.

What do you think about when you are not required to think about anything? Is it ever anything related to ECE or Science? Follow your mind...or train it if your thoughts are empty. ECE can be a lot of work so it helps to like it.