I don't know what's wrong with this system

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    System
In summary, the speaker recently purchased a new system with an AMD Athlon 3200+ 64 processor and an ASUS A8N-VM-UAYGZ motherboard. However, they encountered difficulties when trying to install various Linux distributions, including RedHat, Fedora, Gentoo, and Ubuntu. These attempts led to crashes and loss of documents. They are unsure of the problem and have contacted technical support. The speaker is also looking for suggestions for a motherboard that supports Linux and heavy games like Doom3.
heman
i just bought a new system with AMD Athlon(tm)3200+ 64 processor with ASUS's A8N-VM-UAYGZ and i feel terrible because when i tried installing Lnux,it didn't support anyone i tried.i first of all tried RedHat then Fedora then Gentoo then finally UBUNTU and not even anything installed and what more it did ,it crashed the windows tooo and all my documents..!:cry:
I don't know what's the problem..i have just called the operator to see it...
But it would be fine if any of you can give me some insight..!

Motherboard more specifically is Socket 939,nvidia GeForce6100 + nForce410,2000 MT Dual channel DDR..!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Are you trying to install full 64 bit support or just 32 bit support. They are usually on two different install cds.

At the moment only windows XP is working on my pc..Fedora had 4 cds and rest only 1 cd..

only cd1 can't instll the stuff,

okay guys can you suggest me an motherboard which supports Linux well...and on the same hand heavy games like Doom3,too..

FAQ: I don't know what's wrong with this system

1. What are the common causes of system malfunctions?

There are many potential causes of system malfunctions, including hardware or software failures, outdated or incompatible components, incorrect settings or configurations, and external factors such as power outages or viruses.

2. How can I determine the specific issue with my system?

The best way to determine the specific issue with your system is to troubleshoot the problem systematically. Start by checking for any error messages or warning signs, reviewing recent changes or updates, and running diagnostic tests. If you are unable to identify the issue, it may be helpful to consult a professional or seek support from the system's manufacturer.

3. Can user error be the cause of system malfunctions?

Yes, user error can often be the cause of system malfunctions. It is important to follow proper procedures and instructions when using a system to avoid any potential issues. It is also important to regularly update and maintain the system to prevent errors and malfunctions.

4. How can I prevent future system malfunctions?

To prevent future system malfunctions, it is important to regularly update and maintain the system, use caution when making changes or updates, and follow proper procedures and instructions when using the system. It may also be helpful to have a backup plan in case of any unexpected malfunctions.

5. Is it possible to fix a malfunctioning system without professional help?

In some cases, it is possible to fix a malfunctioning system without professional help. This may involve troubleshooting and making adjustments or updates to the system. However, if the issue is complex or difficult to identify, it is best to seek professional assistance to avoid causing further damage to the system.