I to create resonance circuit

In summary: You could reduce the resistances by a factor of 10 and still have the same results. But, the same currents will flow in the capacitors and inductors, so you can make a good observation of the resonance. The results are a bit more open to discussion. You will still get a resonance, but the peaky-ness of the resonance will be different. In summary, The student is seeking help in finding the values of capacitors, coils, and resistors in order to create a resonance mixed circuit at a frequency of 100 Hz. They have tried building the circuit on a simulation program and have calculated the values for the coil and capacitor using reactance formulas. However, they are unsure if they have done it correctly and
STINGERX

Homework Statement

i need to find values of capacitors coils and resistors in order to create resonance mixed circuit on the frequency of 100 hrz (as shown in the following screenshot)

Homework Equations

ω0=1/√(L*C)
ω0=2∏f0

The Attempt at a Solution

898236.JPG

Attachments

• bw.JPG
    bw.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 431
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi STINGERX! Welcome to PF! :wink:

Show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:

tiny-tim said:
Hi STINGERX! Welcome to PF! :wink:

Show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:

as you can see from the screenshot, i built this circuit on the simulation program Orcad Pcspice and i try to find the values of the parts C,L,R in order to recive a resonance frequency in 100hrz,
my requirements are to build the circuit like this and to make the voltage 100v ac

i only know how to find those values on simple cascade/parralar circuits but not in circuits such as this one.

please give me the values and if possible show me how to find them

thank you :smile:

STINGERX said:
as you can see from the screenshot, i built this circuit on the simulation program Orcad Pcspice
How did you determine what values of L,C and R to use for your simulation? Does this circuit not behave as you need it to?

Resistors have a relatively small effect on resonance frequency, so, as a start, you could try to get each pair of LC circuits resonant.

The other thing to note is that you can have any value of capacitor and still choose an inductor to resonate with it at any frequency.

So, to limit the choice a bit, you could pick a reactance (say 200 ohms) and calculate a capacitor and an inductor that both have this reactance at 100 Hz.

To do this, you need the formulae for reactance of capacitors and inductors.
You can find these in a suitable textbook or here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_reactance.

Note that you have the reactance and you are trying to calculate the component values. Also note that the capacitance produced from the formula above is in Farads.

ok i calculated this values by determin that the coil will be L=10mH
and calculated the Capacitor value to resonance frequency of 100 hrz
like this:
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/8049/photo030212173055hdr.jpg

then i have only two values
L=10mH
c=253.302uF

i placed them twice in the simulation program Orcad Pcspice
(is this the right thing to do?)
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/286/42599051.jpg

then i recived this
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8971/63874598.jpg

is there any way to recive this type of wave?
(maybe if i place a voltage probe in the coil and in the capacitor that shows me when the voltage is maximum in them?)
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5848/11132918.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You haven't indicated exactly what you are supposed to be doing. You have constructed two parallel resonant circuits, and connected them in series. To investigate currents in L or C (with almost no effect on the circuit) you can insert a small current-sensing resistor in series with that element. You only need one L and one C to form the resonant circuit. You could insert a 10 Ohm resistor between an element and ground, and monitor the voltage across that resistor to see what the current in that element is doing. You don't need any other resistors, unless the lab notes say to add some.

STINGERX said:

Homework Statement

i need to find values of capacitors coils and resistors in order to create resonance mixed circuit on the frequency of 100 hrz (as shown in the following screenshot)
898236.JPG

and one more question, is it possible to get two resonance frequencys in one circuit such as this one?

STINGERX said:
and one more question, is it possible to get two resonance frequencys in one circuit such as this one?

Yes. But the result might not be as clear as you think it will be.

You can observe the current by placing a voltage probe on the top end of R4. In this case, a dip in current indicates a resonance.

If there is only one dip, then the two circuits are resonant at the same frequency.

You can deliberately move one of the resonances if you like. Just make the lower capacitor 400 uF. You will then get a double hump and you can see which is the sharpest. The lower frequency one is the tuned circuit with 400 uF in it.

What did you learn about the effect of resistors on tuned circuits?
Your reactances are about 6 ohms and this very low value will affect your resonance sharpness or Q.

Related to I to create resonance circuit

1. What is a resonance circuit?

A resonance circuit, also known as a tuned circuit, is an electrical circuit that is designed to produce a specific resonant frequency. It consists of an inductor, a capacitor, and a resistor, and is used to select and amplify a particular frequency from a complex signal.

2. How does a resonance circuit work?

A resonance circuit works by storing energy in the form of an electric field in the capacitor and a magnetic field in the inductor. When the frequency of the input signal matches the resonant frequency of the circuit, the energy is transferred back and forth between the capacitor and the inductor, resulting in a large output signal.

3. What is the formula for calculating the resonant frequency of a resonance circuit?

The resonant frequency of a resonance circuit can be calculated using the formula: fr = 1 / (2π√LC), where fr is the resonant frequency in Hertz, L is the inductance in Henrys, and C is the capacitance in Farads.

4. What are some common applications of resonance circuits?

Resonance circuits have many applications in electronics, including radio communication, audio amplification, and filtering out unwanted frequencies. They are also used in medical devices, such as MRI machines, and in musical instruments, such as electric guitars.

5. How can I create a resonance circuit?

To create a resonance circuit, you will need to assemble an inductor, capacitor, and resistor in the correct configuration. You can purchase these components from electronics stores or online, and then follow a circuit diagram or instructions to put them together. It is important to use the correct values for the inductance and capacitance to achieve the desired resonant frequency.