I want to audit a class in reletivity, but

• Thread starter leon1127
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Class
In summary, the speaker is interested in auditing a class on relativity taught by Dr. Wolfgang Rindler, but is unsure if it would be appropriate to interrupt the class. They mention that they are aware of Dr. Rindler's published works, but have not had a chance to access them. Another person responds by recommending attending the class and mentioning their positive experience with Dr. Rindler's book. The conversation ends with the speaker expressing confusion about potentially interrupting the class.
leon1127
I want to audit a class in relativity at my school. The relativity professor's name is Dr. Wolfgang Rindler. I am aware that he is writer of many books. However, I don't have a chance to get a hold with his work. Have anyone had any experience with his work? I don't want to interrupt classes by auditing.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure whether I understand your question. Are you asking advice as to whether to attend a course on relativity by Professor Rindler?

cristo said:
I'm not sure whether I understand your question. Are you asking advice as to whether to attend a course on relativity by Professor Rindler?

Indeed. I will rewritte it.

Well, if I was in the situation, then yes, I would attend! I used his book "Relativity: special, general and cosmological" for my first course in relativity, and found it a very good book.

I don't see how you can interrupt the class by attending. I would have thought you would be encouraged to attend extra classes.

FAQ: I want to audit a class in reletivity, but

What is the purpose of auditing a class in relativity?

Auditing a class in relativity allows individuals to attend a course without receiving a grade or credit. This is often done for personal enrichment or to gain a better understanding of the subject matter.

Do I need any prior knowledge or experience in relativity to audit a class?

No, auditing a class does not typically require any prerequisites. However, it is recommended to have a basic understanding of physics and mathematics.

Can I participate in class discussions and activities as an auditor?

Yes, auditors are typically allowed to participate in class discussions and activities. However, this may vary depending on the instructor's policies.

Will I have access to course materials and resources as an auditor?

Yes, auditors often have access to course materials and resources. However, this may also vary depending on the instructor's policies.

Can I switch from auditing to taking the class for credit?

In most cases, auditors are not able to switch to taking the class for credit. However, it is best to consult with the instructor and institution for their specific policies.