I wrote a song and figured out how to post it on the web

• Thread starter Artman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Web
In summary: I also like listening to amatures like you get... at a wedding.In summary, the song is called Cinderella Moon, and the singer is my wife. The guitars on the song have a feel that is reminiscent of America, and the performance is good. One reservation is that the lyrics may be a bit too "chick-oriented" for some listeners.
Artman
Hi everyone. I know there are a few musicians, lots of music appreciators and lots of smart people on this forum, so I thought I would post a link to my song for opinions.

The song is called Cinderella Moon. The singer is my wife. I am one of two guitar players and my playing is kind of buried in the mix on this one.

What do you think?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=605126"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice! Sounds Americaesque. :approve:

Gokul43201 said:
Nice! Sounds Americaesque. :approve:
I never considered that it sounded like them, but it does. Thanks for the comment Gokul.

I like it.

Good job. Nice easy feel. Only criticism is the vocals were too low to hear the lyrics, though my headphones aren't the greatest so maybe they were the problem.

I was also glad to find the site. I play bass in a three-piece band. We had our first paying gig a month ago and hope for more. We're also exploring Net based options like live streaming, etc. Maybe we can use sites like this one.

Tojen said:
Good job. Nice easy feel. Only criticism is the vocals were too low to hear the lyrics, though my headphones aren't the greatest so maybe they were the problem.

I was also glad to find the site. I play bass in a three-piece band. We had our first paying gig a month ago and hope for more. We're also exploring Net based options like live streaming, etc. Maybe we can use sites like this one.

Check out their FAQ section. One good thing about Soundclick is that the artist retains the copyrights to the music. But you can only post songs that you own, or covers that you have a license to copy.

The vocals may be a bit light in the mix because it was just recorded with the condenser mics built into my Boss BR-600 digital recorder.

Thanks for your comments!

Way to go Artman! Wife has a nice voice too! I agree that the vocals are a bit light in the mix, but it's nevertheless very nice. :smile: :approve:

Artman said:
What do you think?

I liked the music itself, and the performance. To me, you guys sound like you could do it professionally. My one reservation is that the lyrics make it kind of a "chick song".

Thanks Astronuc and Zoobyshoe. We do sort of play professionally; we have an occasional paying gig. We're a weekend warrior geezer band.

zoobyshoe said:
My one reservation is that the lyrics make it kind of a "chick song
Yeah it is a little. It's funny, when I sang the song on my demo for the band to learn, it really sounded wrong for a guy to sing. When Ii heard my wife sing it, I thought, "That's nice."

Artman said:
We do sort of play professionally; we have an occasional paying gig.
That's totally cool! Glad to hear it. I know about thirty billion2 would be musicians who can't even get together and play through one song. The fact you guys can do that plus play tight and smooth, all on your own steam, is actually pretty impressive. With the occasional playing gig on top of it, I'd say you should be pretty proud of yourselves.
Yeah it is a little. It's funny, when I sang the song on my demo for the band to learn, it really sounded wrong for a guy to sing.
Yeah. I think the most successful lyrics are gender neutral, and even person neutral: they may sound specific but actually anyone could sing them and they seem to fit.

The guitars definitely feel like America. It was very nice, very relaxing.

Edit: it's actually the guitar-bass combo that is America style, if you hear it closely.

Last edited:
zoobyshoe said:
Yeah. I think the most successful lyrics are gender neutral, and even person neutral: they may sound specific but actually anyone could sing them and they seem to fit.
I agree. Most of my lyrics are fairly gender nuetral, most are written from a male point of view to be sung by a woman, which makes gender neutrality a necessity. I hope to post some more songs later, but the recordings I have of my other originals aren't quite as "finished" yet as the one I posted.

Artman said:
We do sort of play professionally; we have an occasional paying gig. We're a weekend warrior geezer band.
Cool! I know quite a few musicians who fit that classification. :biggrin: :-p

Actually, I like the live music of seasoned musicians.

Pete Seeger lives nearby and occasionally we get a chance to hear him. :smile: :approve:

I also thought of America when I heard the guitar/bass as -Job- mentioned.

Keep at it!

Astronuc said:
Actually, I like the live music of seasoned musicians.

I also like listening to amatures like you get at Soundclick. It's kind of cool to hear these guys just starting out in song writing.

Related to I wrote a song and figured out how to post it on the web

What is the process for posting a song on the web?

The process for posting a song on the web typically involves creating an account on a music sharing platform, such as SoundCloud or Bandcamp. Then, you can upload your song file onto the platform and add details such as the song title, artist name, and genre. Finally, you can share the link to your song on social media or other websites.

What file format should my song be in for web posting?

The most commonly accepted file format for posting songs on the web is MP3. This format allows for high quality audio while also being compatible with most music sharing platforms.

Do I need to obtain any licenses or permissions before posting my song on the web?

It is important to make sure you have the proper licenses and permissions for your song before posting it on the web. This may include obtaining a mechanical license if you are using a cover song, or obtaining permission from any collaborators or featured artists on your song.

How can I protect my song from being copied or stolen once it is posted on the web?

To protect your song from being copied or stolen, you can consider registering it with a copyright office. Additionally, you can add watermarks to your song file or limit the number of downloads available for your song on certain platforms.

Are there any best practices for promoting my song once it is posted on the web?

To promote your song on the web, you can share it on social media, reach out to music bloggers or reviewers for potential features, and collaborate with other artists or influencers. It is also important to engage with your audience and consistently release new music to keep your fans interested.