I'm looking for a simple magnetometer and accelerometer

In summary, the speaker is looking for a simple and affordable sensor for a magnetometer and accelerometer that is compatible with their Arduino UNO. They mention being open to learning, but emphasize the importance of a good explanation for the data sheets. They also mention the use of I2C interface and suggest checking out SparkFun for potential options.
SupernerdSven
Hey, I have only a little experience with electronics, and I'm looking for a simple sensor for a magnetometer sensitive enough to detect about a gauss and accelerometer for detecting when something is picked up. As long as I can get a good explanation (data sheets can sometimes be cryptic) I'd most definitely be willing to learn. Since this is for hobby work and I'm still fairly new to this, price is a major factor. I have an Arduino UNO, if that can help make some of the more complicated multi-function ICs friendlier to use.

Thank you very much for any help you can offer!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thank you very much!

Related to I'm looking for a simple magnetometer and accelerometer

What is a magnetometer and accelerometer?

A magnetometer is a scientific instrument used to measure the strength and direction of a magnetic field. An accelerometer is a device that measures acceleration forces, such as gravity or movement.

What is the purpose of using a magnetometer and accelerometer?

The purpose of using a magnetometer and accelerometer is to gather data and analyze the magnetic and acceleration properties of an object or environment. This information can be used in various fields of science, such as geology, physics, and engineering.

What are some common uses for a magnetometer and accelerometer?

Magnetometers and accelerometers are commonly used in navigation systems, such as in smartphones and GPS devices. They are also used in scientific research, industrial applications, and in consumer products like fitness trackers and gaming controllers.

What factors should I consider when looking for a simple magnetometer and accelerometer?

Some factors to consider include the accuracy and sensitivity of the device, its size and weight, and its compatibility with other equipment or software. You should also consider your specific needs and budget when choosing a magnetometer and accelerometer.

Where can I purchase a simple magnetometer and accelerometer?

You can purchase a simple magnetometer and accelerometer from various online retailers, scientific supply stores, and electronics stores. You may also be able to find them at specialty stores or through scientific equipment manufacturers.