I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking for. Can you please clarify?

• Thread starter nameVoid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strategy
In summary, we used substitution and integration by parts to solve the two integrals given in the conversation.
nameVoid

Homework Statement

I(secx*cos2x/(sinx+secx),x)
I(cos2x/(sinxcosx+1),x)
I(cos2x/(sin2x/2+1),x)
u=sin2x du/2=cos2xdx
1/2 I( 1/ (u/2+1) , x)
I( 1/ (u+2) , x)
ln|u+2|+C=ln|sin2x+2|+C

also

I((x^2-bx)sin2x,x)
I(x^2sin2x,x)-bI(xsin2x,x)
I(x^2sin2x,x):
u=x^2 du= 2xdx
dv=sin2x v=-(1/2)cos2x
-x^2cos2x/2+I(xcos2x,x)
u=x du=dx
dv=cos2x v=sin2x/2
-x^2cos2x/2+xsin2x/2-I(sin2x,x)/2
-x^2cos2x/2+xsin2x/2+cos2x/4

-bI(xsin2x,x):
u=x du=dx
dv=sin2x v=-cos2x/2
-b[-xcos2x/2+I(cos2x,x)/2]
bxcos2x/2-bsin2x/4

thus:
I((x^2-bx)sin2x,x)=-x^2cos2x/2+xsin2x/2+cos2x/4+bxcos2x/2-bsin2x/4+C

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org

In order to solve this integral, we can use the substitution method. Let u = sin2x, then du = 2cos2x dx. We can rewrite the integral as:

I(secx*cos2x/(sinx+secx),x) = I(1/(u+1),x)

Next, we can use the formula for integrating 1/(x+a), which is ln|x+a|+C. Therefore, the final solution is:

I(secx*cos2x/(sinx+secx),x) = ln|sin2x+2|+C

For the second integral, we can use integration by parts. Let u = x^2 and dv = sin2x, then du = 2x dx and v = -(1/2)cos2x. Therefore, the integral becomes:

I((x^2-bx)sin2x,x) = -x^2cos2x/2 + xsin2x/2 - I(xcos2x,x)/2

Next, let u = x and dv = cos2x, then du = dx and v = sin2x/2. Thus, the integral becomes:

I((x^2-bx)sin2x,x) = -x^2cos2x/2 + xsin2x/2 + cos2x/4 + bxcos2x/2 - bsin2x/4 + C

And that is our final solution for the second integral.

FAQ: I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking for. Can you please clarify?

1. What does "I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking for. Can you please clarify?" mean?

This statement is typically used when someone is unsure of what is being requested or asked for. It is a polite way of asking for more information or clarification.

2. Why do scientists often ask for clarification?

Scientists ask for clarification in order to ensure that they fully understand what is being asked for or requested. This is important in order to accurately address the question or provide the necessary information.

3. How can I clarify my question for a scientist?

One way to clarify your question for a scientist is to provide more context or background information. You can also try breaking down your question into smaller, more specific parts to make it easier to understand.

4. Is asking for clarification a sign of weakness in science?

No, asking for clarification is not a sign of weakness in science. In fact, it is an important part of the scientific process and shows that the scientist is taking the time to fully understand the question or request before providing a response.

5. How do scientists ensure clarity in their own research and experiments?

Scientists ensure clarity in their own research and experiments by carefully planning and designing their experiments, using precise and specific language when communicating their findings, and constantly seeking feedback and clarification from their peers and colleagues.