Improve Humidity with Kenmore Floor Humidifier Motors: Wiring Guide & Schematic

• Thread starter Fred Frendley
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motors
In summary, the conversation discusses a Kenmore floor model humidifier with 2 motors and 2 coils each, wired in parallel. The control panel is not working and the speaker wants to add a rehostat to control the fan speed. They are looking for information on how to wire the speed control and the 110V wire connections to the motors. A schematic would be helpful in determining the type of motors and windings. The speaker is asked about their experience with AC Mains connected devices and the model number of their humidifier.
Fred Frendley
TL;DR Summary
Control circuit is bad. I want to simple wire a variable speed rehostat in to control fans speed.
I have a Kenmore floor model humidifier. It has 2 motors. Each motor has 2 coils. One coil has a balck and blue wire and the other has a red and white wire. These motors are wired in parallel. The control panel is bad an I would like to add a rehostat to control the fan speed and use it that way. How do I wire the speed control in and what is the 110V wire connections to the motors. Schematic would be great.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Fred Frendley said:
TL;DR Summary: Control circuit is bad. I want to simple wire a variable speed rehostat in to control fans speed.

Schematic would be great.
Yes it would. What have you found in your Google searching so far?

Also, what is your experience so far in working with AC Mains connected devices like this?

I second what @berkeman said.

Also, a schematic will tell us if those are simple motors, or BLDC brushless motors with digital controllers.

Model number should be printed on the motor.

Model 758.154200

Attachments

• IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 81
Fred Frendley said:
Model 758.154200
Whelp, that helps a little with one of the 4+ questions we asked... :wink:

Was hoping the pic would define the type of motor and windings. How do I put voltage to these? each motor has 2 coils and 4 feed wires, 2 per coil.

berkeman said:
Yes it would. What have you found in your Google searching so far?

Also, what is your experience so far in working with AC Mains connected devices like this?
berkeman said:
anorlunda said:
Also, a schematic will tell us if those are simple motors, or BLDC brushless motors with digital controllers.

Fred Frendley said:
Was hoping the pic would define the type of motor and windings. How do I put voltage to these? each motor has 2 coils and 4 feed wires, 2 per coil.

berkeman said:
Whelp, that helps a little with one of the 4+ questions we asked... :wink:

Likes jrmichler

Related to Improve Humidity with Kenmore Floor Humidifier Motors: Wiring Guide & Schematic

1. How do I wire the Kenmore floor humidifier motor correctly?

To wire the Kenmore floor humidifier motor correctly, first, ensure the power is off. Follow the wiring diagram provided in the user manual. Typically, you connect the live wire to the motor's live terminal, the neutral wire to the neutral terminal, and the ground wire to the ground terminal. Double-check all connections before turning the power back on.

2. Where can I find the wiring schematic for my Kenmore floor humidifier motor?

The wiring schematic for your Kenmore floor humidifier motor is usually included in the user manual that comes with the unit. If you have misplaced the manual, you can often find it on the Kenmore or Sears website by searching for your specific model number.

3. What tools do I need to wire the humidifier motor?

To wire the humidifier motor, you will typically need a screwdriver, wire strippers, electrical tape, and possibly a multimeter to check connections. Make sure you have all necessary tools before starting the wiring process.

4. Can I install a Kenmore floor humidifier motor myself, or do I need a professional?

While it is possible to install a Kenmore floor humidifier motor yourself if you have basic electrical knowledge and follow the wiring guide and schematic carefully, it is always safer to hire a professional electrician if you are unsure about any part of the process.

5. What should I do if my Kenmore floor humidifier motor is not working after wiring?

If your Kenmore floor humidifier motor is not working after wiring, first check all connections to ensure they are secure and correct according to the schematic. Verify that the power source is functioning and that the circuit breaker has not tripped. If the motor still does not work, consult the troubleshooting section of the user manual or contact Kenmore customer support for further assistance.