Improving as a Young Theorist: Seeking Feedback and Embracing Growth

• Thread starter ArandomTheorist
  • Start date
In summary, as a young theorist, it is crucial to actively seek feedback and embrace opportunities for growth in order to improve one's skills and knowledge. This can be achieved by actively seeking out mentors, engaging in open discussions and critiques, and being open to constructive criticism. By embracing feedback and continuously striving for improvement, young theorists can develop their expertise and make significant contributions to their field.
ArandomTheorist
How did you find PF?
I was wondering where I can get feedback on a theory I had, and on a forum post from someone else that I looked at, a replier suggested to post theories on this website.
Admittedly, I am a inexperienced theorist, and most of my theories will be wrong or have too many flaws. But that's why I want feedback, so I can improve it as much as possible.
Some info about me: I am a 18 year old male from the state of Missouri, who is interested in philosophy and scientific theories. I am also into science fiction and gaming.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
ArandomTheorist said:
How did you find PF?: I was wondering where I can get feedback on a theory I had, and on a forum post from someone else that I looked at, a replier suggested to post theories on this website.

Admittedly, I am a inexperienced theorist, and most of my theories will be wrong or have too many flaws. But that's why I want feedback, so I can improve it as much as possible.
Some info about me: I am a 18 year old male from the state of Missouri, who is interested in philosophy and scientific theories. I am also into science fiction and gaming.
Most likely, that "replier" was pranking you. We do not allow posting of personal theories here at the PF. We are a mainstream science discussion forum. We discuss science as published in peer-reviewed journals and mainstream textbooks.

We also have an Insights Articles section with an article that you may find helpful:

https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/wont-look-new-theory/

Finally, it is great at your age that you are so interested in science and new theories. Don't ever lose that interest and enthusiasm. Just be sure to keep learning, and as you progress through university and beyond, you will get better and better at developing creative, practical ideas, and contributing those ideas and inventions to mainstream science.

Enjoy the PF. :smile:

Likes ArandomTheorist
berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Most likely, that "replier" was pranking you. We do not allow posting of personal theories here at the PF. We are a mainstream science discussion forum. We discuss science as published in peer-reviewed journals and mainstream textbooks.

We also have an Insights Articles section with an article that you may find helpful:

https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/wont-look-new-theory/

Finally, it is great at your age that you are so interested in science and new theories. Don't ever lose that interest and enthusiasm. Just be sure to keep learning, and as you progress through university and beyond, you will get better and better at developing creative, practical ideas, and contributing those ideas and inventions to mainstream science.

Enjoy the PF. :smile:

Thanks so much for the information! Also sorry for the misunderstanding, I am new to the whole "scientific theories" thing.

ArandomTheorist said:
Thanks so much for the information! Also sorry for the misunderstanding, I am new to the whole "scientific theories" thing.
No worries. Stay creative and keep on learning! :smile: