Impulse reponse from step response

In summary, the conversation discusses finding the derivative of the step response and using the product rule to solve for the last term. The question also involves using the Fourier transform to solve a problem.
jaus tail

Homework Statement

upload_2018-2-8_15-7-52.png

Homework Equations

Derivative of step response is impulse response

The Attempt at a Solution

upload_2018-2-8_15-7-40.png
[/B]
I marked A cause it matches the other coefficients. But where does 9 come from in the last term.
I tried with laplace and got the last term as 9. But how to get that in time domain with differentiation?

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-8_15-7-40.png
    upload_2018-2-8_15-7-40.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 862
  • upload_2018-2-8_15-7-52.png
    upload_2018-2-8_15-7-52.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 845
Physics news on Phys.org
Do you need to use the product rule when you differentiate these functions? I am not sure if you do - because it's been a long time since I've done these step and impulse response problems.

I would think that the product rule still applies here.

Oh yes. I get the right answer if I use the product rule. In solved examples there wasn't any u(t) or δ(t).
Thanks.

Related to Impulse reponse from step response

What is impulse response and step response?

Impulse response and step response are both mathematical representations of how a system responds to a sudden change or input. Impulse response represents the output of a system when presented with an impulse input, while step response represents the output when presented with a step input.

What is the relationship between impulse response and step response?

The step response can be obtained by integrating the impulse response, and the impulse response can be obtained by differentiating the step response. This means that the two are mathematically related and can be used interchangeably to analyze a system's behavior.

How do I calculate impulse response from step response?

To calculate the impulse response from the step response, you can use the integration function in a mathematical software or perform the integration manually using calculus. The resulting function will be the impulse response of the system.

How is impulse response used in signal processing?

Impulse response is widely used in signal processing to analyze and characterize systems such as filters, amplifiers, and communication channels. By studying the impulse response, engineers can gain insights into the behavior and performance of these systems and make improvements or adjustments as needed.

What are some limitations of using impulse response and step response?

One limitation is that these responses are only valid for linear time-invariant (LTI) systems. This means that the system's behavior must be the same regardless of when the input is applied. Additionally, these responses may not accurately represent the behavior of a system if it has nonlinear or time-varying components.