Infinitesimal angular displacement ?

In summary, the conversation is about proving the infinitesimal angular displacement is a vector mathematically and questioning whether a non-infinitesimal angular displacement is also a vector. The conversation mentioned a previous proof and seeking for a new proof that makes sense. There is also a mention of properties of vectors and whether these properties apply to both infinitesimal and non-infinitesimal displacements.
abcdefg10645
How can we proved that the infinitesimal angular displacement is a vector mathematically ?

Or~how can we prove that a non-infinitesimal angular displacement is not a vector ?

Physics news on Phys.org
This sounds suspiciously like a homework question. If it is, it should really go in the "Homework and Coursework" section.

I'll get you started on this problem: what are the properties of vectors? Do non-infinitesimal angular displacements obey these properties? How about infinitesimal displacements?

It's NOT a homework first ~

And I am not satisfied with the proof I saw before ~

The proof I saw is based on the commutative of a vector ~

I'm now seeking for a new proof which make sense!

FAQ: Infinitesimal angular displacement ?

1. What is an infinitesimal angular displacement?

An infinitesimal angular displacement refers to a very small change in the angular position of an object. It is typically measured in radians and is used to describe the rotation of an object.

2. How is infinitesimal angular displacement different from regular angular displacement?

The main difference is the size of the change in angular position. An infinitesimal angular displacement is a very small change, whereas regular angular displacement can be any size.

3. What is the significance of infinitesimal angular displacement in physics?

Infinitesimal angular displacement is important in physics because it allows us to describe and analyze the rotation of objects in a precise and accurate way. It is also a key concept in calculus and other mathematical applications.

4. Can infinitesimal angular displacement be negative?

Yes, infinitesimal angular displacement can be negative if the object is rotating in a clockwise direction. In this case, the change in angular position would be considered negative.

5. How is infinitesimal angular displacement measured?

Infinitesimal angular displacement is typically measured using a protractor or other angular measuring tool. It can also be calculated using mathematical formulas and equations.