Integrating Desmos Graphing Software with MHB

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential integration of www.desmos.com's graphing software on MHB, as well as the suggestion for adding three-dimensional graphing capabilities. It is mentioned that the website is easy to use and superior to the Wolfram Widgets. However, it is suggested to focus on the current integration and evaluate the possibility of 3-D graphing in the future, as the target audience for the website is not likely to need it.
Jameson
Gold Member
MHB
We are in the process of talking with www.desmos.com about how we can integrate their graphing software on MHB in an easy-to-use way, similar to the Wolfram Widgets (hopefully). In the meantime I recommend their website for graphing 2-d equations. It's very easy to use and in my opinion is superior to the graphing widget by Wolfram.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps the stickied tutorials could benefit at first, as a tryout?

Fantini said:
Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps the stickied tutorials could benefit at first, as a tryout?

Once we figure out how we'll be integrating their software we will definitely be coming out with tutorials and more info. This is just a basic heads up about them as I realized we haven't mentioned them up until this point and definitely should :)

Jameson said:
We are in the process of talking with www.desmos.com about how we can integrate their graphing software on MHB in an easy-to-use way, similar to the Wolfram Widgets (hopefully). In the meantime I recommend their website for graphing 2-d equations. It's very easy to use and in my opinion is superior to the graphing widget by Wolfram.

Hi Jameson, :)

It is indeed a nice graphing software that is worth integrating at MHB. But it seems that desmos calculator can only produce two dimensional graphs. So I suggest telling them that it would be great to have the drawing capability of three dimensional graphs, if that is possible. :)

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

Sudharaka said:
Hi Jameson, :)

It is indeed a nice graphing software that is worth integrating at MHB. But it seems that desmos calculator can only produce two dimensional graphs. So I suggest telling them that it would be great to have the drawing capability of three dimensional graphs, if that is possible. :)

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

With regards to 3-D graphing: their site seems to be targeting those that are in secondary/high school level mathematics and they usually (and most likely) never have to deal with or worry about 3-D graphing. Although it would be a nice feature to have in the future on MHB, I think it's best not to get too far ahead of ourselves and see how well our relations with the company go from here. I'm thinking for 3-D graphing, though, we're going to have to look into something else but we'll know better as time goes on.

Related to Integrating Desmos Graphing Software with MHB

1. How does integrating Desmos graphing software with MHB benefit scientists?

Integrating Desmos graphing software with MHB allows scientists to easily visualize and analyze data, making it easier to identify patterns and trends. This can save time and effort in data analysis and aid in making informed decisions.

2. Can I use Desmos with any type of data?

Yes, Desmos can be used with a wide range of data, including numerical, categorical, and even complex data sets. It also allows for the integration of various data formats, such as CSV or Excel files.

3. Is Desmos easy to use for non-technical scientists?

Yes, Desmos has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate and requires no coding or technical skills. It also offers tutorials and support for beginners.

4. Can I collaborate with others while using Desmos with MHB?

Yes, Desmos allows for real-time collaboration, making it easy to share and work on graphs and data with colleagues. This can be particularly useful for team projects or when seeking input from experts in different fields.

5. Is Desmos a secure platform for storing sensitive data?

Desmos offers secure and encrypted data storage to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive data. It also allows for the creation of private graphs and data sets for personal use.