Interactive Whiteboard App for Distance Learning

• Thread starter PainterGuy
  • Start date
In summary: DSA|GOO|NB|US|ALL-EN|ALL&utm_custom=10132464203&utm_content=437574633820&utm_term=&matchtype=b&device=c&location=9009748&xuid=EAIaIQobChMIuKK0maLb6wIVA77ACh2AEQhVEAAYASAAEgIChvD_BwE&gclid=EAIaIQob
PainterGuy
Hi,

I'm looking for an app or computer software which lets, at least, two distantly located individuals to interact with each other in live manner.

Suppose I have a little cousin and want to help him with math and English language learning. I write down few English alphabet letter such as "A", "B", "C", and "G" on my screen. Then, ask my cousin to circle the letter "C" on his screen. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Likes PainterGuy
The version of Skype (Skype for Business) we have at work does this. I don't use it in my private life so I don't know if it's available in "normal" Skype. You can also share screens and temporarily give control of your mouse to a remote user, so a Paint program would work. I know Zoom let's you share screens but I don't know if it let's you give control.

Likes PainterGuy
Microsoft thingy - works with Office 365... you have to pay for it, fwiw.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/microsoft-whiteboard/digital-whiteboard-app

A list/review of 11 of them:

https://zapier.com/blog/best-online-whiteboard/

Another list/review of 10 of them:

https://ditchthattextbook.com/online-whiteboard/

An apparently free option:

https://miro.com/?utm_source=google...MIuKK0maLb6wIVA77ACh2AEQhVEAAYASAAEgIChvD_BwE

Another list/review of 10 (some free):

https://getvoip.com/blog/2020/06/04/best-online-whiteboards/

This is just from a little web searching. No endorsements or preferences specified. YMMV. Positively no cheques cashed.

--diogenesNY

Likes PainterGuy
PainterGuy said:
Hi,

I'm looking for an app or computer software which lets, at least, two distantly located individuals to interact with each other in live manner.

Suppose I have a little cousin and want to help him with math and English language learning. I write down few English alphabet letter such as "A", "B", "C", and "G" on my screen. Then, ask my cousin to circle the letter "C" on his screen. Thank you.
This recent post in the Educators forum by @ZapperZ presents another option. Not sure how much of it is available free, though...

https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...d-about-distance-learning.988260/post-6362049

Likes PainterGuy
You can certainly use Google Jamboard. The web app is free. You create a Jam file, and then share the file with someone. Changes made to the file are synced almost immediately, but it depends on the network speed as well.

Here is a small video. I created a Jam file and shared it with another Google account I own.

Likes PainterGuy
PainterGuy said:

You can do this with Zoom. It has a built-in whiteboard feature, but you probably want to use it on a tablet rather than on a computer unless you're good with drawing with a trackpad or mouse.

Likes PainterGuy

Related to Interactive Whiteboard App for Distance Learning

1. What is an interactive whiteboard app for distance learning?

An interactive whiteboard app for distance learning is a software program that allows students and teachers to collaborate and engage in real-time lessons and activities through a digital whiteboard. It enables remote learning by providing tools for interactive presentations, video conferencing, and screen sharing.

2. How does an interactive whiteboard app for distance learning work?

An interactive whiteboard app for distance learning works by connecting students and teachers through a virtual classroom. The teacher can use the app to share their screen, annotate and draw on it, and use various multimedia tools to create engaging lessons. Students can participate by interacting with the whiteboard, typing, drawing, or sharing their own screens.

3. What features should I look for in an interactive whiteboard app for distance learning?

Some essential features to look for in an interactive whiteboard app for distance learning include screen sharing, video conferencing, annotation tools, document and media sharing, virtual hand-raising, and interactive polls and quizzes. The app should also have a user-friendly interface and be compatible with multiple devices.

4. Is an interactive whiteboard app for distance learning suitable for all age groups?

Yes, an interactive whiteboard app for distance learning can be used for all age groups. The app's features and tools can be tailored to meet the diverse needs of students, from elementary school to college. It can also be used for professional development and training purposes.

5. How can an interactive whiteboard app for distance learning benefit students?

An interactive whiteboard app for distance learning can benefit students in several ways, such as promoting active learning, increasing engagement, and improving collaboration and communication skills. It also allows for personalized learning and provides access to a wide range of educational resources, regardless of the student's location.