Interesting topics about physics for teens?

In summary, the conversation discusses ideas for a presentation on physics. The person is unable to ask their classmates for input and is considering discussing physics in video games, but is concerned it may be too technical. They ask for suggestions for topics related to computers and some ideas are given, including sports equipment and its design, as well as balancing memory in computers. The conversation concludes with a recommendation to visit a physics website for further ideas.
member 407692
I'm to do a presentation in two weeks about physics, and I'm wondering what would be interesting to my classmates? (no, I can't ask them, I won't be at school during that period of time)

I was thinking to talk about physics in video games, but it's too technical in my opinion, therefore it won't be interesting for them to listen what I've to say.

What topic do you think they would be interested in (regular people), if possible related to computers?

Physics news on Phys.org
How about a little bit of different types of screen displays...LCD, plasma,vacuum tube,etc

Or how about how different kinds of memory in computers and games are utilized...RAM vs hard drive,etc, and how to balance such memory...

Perhaps physics in sport.Some things that come immediately to mind are sports clothing eg trainers and racing car or racing bike design.

I'm studying high-school teaching, try not being too male oriented eg racing car, video games etc. Have a look at high school textbooks for ideas.

physxGuy said:
I'm to do a presentation in two weeks about physics, and I'm wondering what would be interesting to my classmates? (no, I can't ask them, I won't be at school during that period of time)

I was thinking to talk about physics in video games, but it's too technical in my opinion, therefore it won't be interesting for them to listen what I've to say.

What topic do you think they would be interested in (regular people), if possible related to computers?

One thing you could research is sports equipment and what athletes use (both male and female sports).

Look at how running shoes are designed, how materials and structural designs have changed for things like baseball bats, tennis racquets, and other similar things.

Many sports like tennis and athletics (i.e. running) are gender neutral.

physxGuy, Welcome to Physics Forums!

May I suggest you visit this site to get some ideas for your presentation?

The flagship publication of the American Institute of Physics (AIP).

http://www.physicstoday.org/

Cheers, Bobbywhy

Related to Interesting topics about physics for teens?

What is the difference between classical and modern physics?

Classical physics is the study of motion and forces in the macroscopic world, while modern physics deals with the behavior of matter and energy on a microscopic level, including quantum mechanics and relativity.

How does physics impact our daily lives?

Physics plays a crucial role in many aspects of our daily lives, from the technology we use, such as smartphones and computers, to the infrastructure we rely on, such as bridges and buildings. It also helps us understand natural phenomena, such as gravity and electricity, that affect our environment.

What are some real-world applications of physics?

Physics has many practical applications, including in the fields of engineering, medicine, and environmental science. For example, physics principles are used to design and improve medical imaging technologies like MRI machines, and to develop sustainable energy sources like solar panels.

What are some exciting advancements in physics research?

Recent advancements in physics research include the discovery of the Higgs boson particle, the development of quantum computers, and the exploration of dark matter and dark energy. These discoveries have the potential to revolutionize our understanding of the universe and lead to groundbreaking technologies.

How can teens get involved in physics?

Teens can get involved in physics by taking advanced science courses in high school, participating in science fairs and competitions, and joining physics clubs or organizations. They can also attend physics lectures or workshops, and seek out internships or research opportunities at universities or labs.