Intro to the Physics and Chemistry of Materials by Naumann

In summary, "Intro to the Physics and Chemistry of Materials" by Naumann is a book that aims to introduce readers to the fundamental principles and concepts of physics and chemistry as they apply to materials science and engineering. It is designed to be accessible to those with little to no background in physics or chemistry, though a basic understanding of mathematics is recommended. The book is divided into three parts, covering materials science, physics of materials, and chemistry of materials. It also includes real-world applications and is suitable for self-study with exercises and problems for practice.
Wyn
This is the book that is required for my materials science II class but I can't find this book, I can't even find the contents so I can find a similar book. Do you know any?

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Intro to the Physics and Chemistry of Materials by Naumann

1. What is the main focus of "Intro to the Physics and Chemistry of Materials" by Naumann?

The main focus of this book is to introduce readers to the fundamental principles and concepts of physics and chemistry as they apply to materials science and engineering.

2. Is prior knowledge of physics and chemistry required to understand this book?

No, the book is designed to be accessible to readers with little to no background in physics or chemistry. However, a basic understanding of mathematics is recommended.

3. How is the book structured?

The book is divided into three parts: the first part covers the fundamentals of materials science, the second part focuses on the physics of materials, and the third part explores the chemistry of materials.

4. Are there any real-world applications included in the book?

Yes, the book includes numerous examples and case studies that demonstrate the application of the concepts to real-world materials and technologies.

5. Is this book suitable for self-study?

Yes, the book is written in a clear and concise manner, making it suitable for self-study. It also includes exercises and problems for readers to practice and test their understanding.