Introducing Rok: A Linux Enthusiast and Retired Motorcycle Builder

• Thread starter rokytnji
  • Start date
In summary, Rok is a retired motorcycle builder and Linux enthusiast. He has a passion for open-source software and enjoys customizing and tinkering with his computer systems. With years of experience in building motorcycles, Rok brings a unique perspective to the world of technology. He is constantly expanding his knowledge and skills, and is always willing to share his expertise with others. Rok's combination of technical expertise and creative ingenuity make him a valuable member of the Linux community.
rokytnji
Howdy.

A linux computer operating system forum member showed me your site. He is well educated. Where I am not.

I am a Linux distro team member . A mod on a couple of Linux OS forums. A retired custom motorcycle builder.

Kinda sort of a shade tree intellectual. I live in the desert on the Mexican border. I ride motorcyles and do a lot of camping and live on a fixed income. All my kin are raised and grown. I am done with living a structured life. I am more of a scooter tramp than a normal human being.

I look forward to learning something new every day. I won't be asking dumb questions. I will be more of a sit and listen type of member till I get a feel for this place. I probably do not have the expertise to contribute to the tech side of this forum

My folks were ww2 concentration camp survivors. I was former USMC. Raised a family. Life is good now. My friends call me Rok.

That is me and my intro. Here is a couple of pics.

back_wheel_mounted.jpg

me.jpg
Happy Trails, Rok

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 132
  • back_wheel_mounted.jpg
    back_wheel_mounted.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 132
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
That bike is currently a re-furbish project I am almost done with. It was made in 1980 and when I am done. It will be a daily rider.

I have other projects in the fire.

https://ibb.co/iQwyFd

Welcome to the PF, Rok! :smile:
rokytnji said:
A retired custom motorcycle builder.
I think you and @Mark44 will hit it off well... :biggrin:
rokytnji said:
I was former USMC.
Thank you for your service! (Army brat here)

berkeman said:
I think you and @Mark44 will hit it off well... :biggrin:
No doubt. Rok, nice Ironhead sporty!
Here's one of mine -- '48-ish Panhead
3.11.18a.JPG

berkeman said:
Thank you for your service! (Army brat here)
And from me, as well. I'm a Vietnam era vet.

Attachments

• 3.11.18a.JPG
    3.11.18a.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 107
Likes berkeman