Introduction to me and semiconductor laser

• Thread starter mohd wasi ullah
  • Start date
In summary, a semiconductor laser is a type of laser diode that uses a semiconductor material as its active medium. It is a compact and efficient source of coherent light, commonly used in telecommunications, optical storage devices, and medical equipment. Its operation is based on the principle of stimulated emission, where electrons in the semiconductor material are excited to emit photons, resulting in a narrow and highly focused beam of light. The development of semiconductor lasers has greatly impacted various industries and continues to be a key component in modern technology.
mohd wasi ullah
Hello everyone

I have just started my thesis in semiconductor laser and i am looking forward for new friends and help in this subject. i have very little knowledge about the subject so please help to masters this subject.

And i would also like to know, which companies to apply for jobs with semiconductors.

Is searching for is better or doing phd is better in semiconductor laser ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome mohd, this forum is for introductions only. I would suggest that you post questions for career help in our career guidance forum and academic help in Academic Guidance.