Inverse Laplace transform with p^-1 and exponential

In summary, the author is struggling with finding the inverse Laplace transform and is hoping for assistance from others. They are having difficulty dealing with the square root and may need to use numerical inversion.
kewei chen
Hello everyone, I have spend whole day but still not figure out an inverse Laplace transform. Hope someone can help me. The question is in the attachment. I'm trying to extract u^2/4D^2 out the bracket to match the standard inverse table, but it seems difficult to deal with the square root. Thanks and appreciate.

Attachments

• question.jpg
    question.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 806
  • table.jpg
    table.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 10,490
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Greg Bernhardt said:
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?
I don't know how the author did the inverse transform. It seems numerical inversion is the only way I can use.

Related to Inverse Laplace transform with p^-1 and exponential

1. What is the inverse Laplace transform of p^-1?

The inverse Laplace transform of p^-1 is the step function u(t), also known as the Heaviside function. It is defined as u(t) = 1 for t > 0 and u(t) = 0 for t < 0.

2. How do you find the inverse Laplace transform of an exponential function?

To find the inverse Laplace transform of an exponential function, you can use the formula: f(t) = L^-1{F(s)} = L^-1{1/(s-a)}, where a is the constant in the exponential function. This will result in a shifted version of the step function, with u(t-a) as the output.

3. Can the inverse Laplace transform of p^-1 be calculated using a table?

No, the inverse Laplace transform of p^-1 cannot be found in a standard Laplace transform table. It is a special case that must be calculated using the definition of the inverse Laplace transform or the properties of Laplace transforms.

4. Are there any other ways to represent the inverse Laplace transform of p^-1 besides the step function?

Yes, the inverse Laplace transform of p^-1 can also be represented as the Dirac delta function, δ(t), which is defined as δ(t) = 0 for t ≠ 0 and ∫δ(t)dt = 1. These two functions are closely related and can be interchanged in many cases.

5. How is the inverse Laplace transform of p^-1 used in real-world applications?

The inverse Laplace transform of p^-1 is commonly used in control systems and signal processing to analyze and design systems with step-like inputs. It is also used in circuit analysis to determine the response of a circuit to a sudden change in input. Additionally, it has applications in probability and statistics, where it is used to model random events with discrete probabilities.