Ion electron balancing problem

OH ions for oxygen and H2O molecules for hydrogen. However, this approach is not solving the problem. Assistance is needed.In summary, the conversation is about the process of balancing equations using the ion electron method. The first step is to create partial equations, and then the second step involves balancing the atoms by adding OH ions for oxygen and H2O molecules for hydrogen. However, this approach is not working and the person needs help with balancing the first reaction.
Aafia
In ion electron method to balance equation we have to follow steps ... i am doing it but here i am confusing how to do this ...
There are two partial equations i have made in basic medium
1- H2PO2---------> H2PO3^-1
2-Fe(OH)3---------->Fe(OH)2
Now the second step is to balance the atoms
By adding 2OH for Oxygen and H2O for Hydrogen
But it can't solve
Helpp me pleasezzzz
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Show how you approach the first reaction.

Borek said:
Show how you approach the first reaction.
I had a full reaction
H2PO2+Fe(OH)3------->H2PO3^-1+Fe(OH)2
Then i split it into two partial equations according to rule ..

Show how you are trying to balance first (or second, whichever you like) half reaction.

Second

Related to Ion electron balancing problem

1. What is the ion electron balancing problem?

The ion electron balancing problem is a concept in chemistry and physics that refers to the need for an equal number of positive and negative charges in a chemical reaction or physical process.

2. Why is ion electron balancing important?

Ion electron balancing is important because it ensures that chemical reactions and physical processes are balanced and stable. If there are unequal numbers of positive and negative charges, the system may be unstable and lead to unexpected results.

3. How is ion electron balancing achieved?

Ion electron balancing is achieved by adjusting the number of ions and electrons involved in a reaction or process. This can be done by adding or removing electrons from atoms, or by changing the number of ions present.

4. What are some common examples of ion electron balancing problems?

Some common examples of ion electron balancing problems include redox reactions, acid-base reactions, and precipitation reactions. These types of reactions involve the transfer of electrons between atoms and ions, and require careful balancing of charges to ensure stability.

5. What are the consequences of not achieving ion electron balancing?

If ion electron balancing is not achieved, the result can be an unstable reaction or process. This can lead to unexpected products, incomplete reactions, or even dangerous situations. It is important to carefully balance ions and electrons to ensure the desired outcome of a chemical reaction or physical process.