Iron ionisation energy value query

In summary, ionisation energy is the amount of energy needed to remove an electron from an atom or molecule to form an ion. The ionisation energy of iron is important in understanding its reactivity and chemical properties and is crucial in industrial processes like steel production. The value of iron's ionisation energy varies but is commonly referenced as 7.87 eV. Compared to other elements, iron's ionisation energy is relatively high due to the strong attraction between the nucleus and electrons. The ionisation energy of iron can be changed by altering conditions or the presence of other atoms or molecules.
Claude_Pellerin
I'm looking at fe ionisation. Wherever I look I get similar values. Probably because everybody just keeps reusing published values...
I think the value for the 24 th level is incorrect but I'm not sure how to validate this.
The published value is 195200 but I think it should be more like 197400.
Any pointer to a definitive source would be appreciated.

Why do you think it should be 197400? And where does the other value come from?

Can you kindly provide us with references?

Related to Iron ionisation energy value query

What is ionisation energy?

Ionisation energy is the amount of energy required to remove an electron from an atom or molecule, resulting in the formation of an ion.

Why is the ionisation energy of iron important?

The ionisation energy of iron is important because it helps us understand the reactivity and chemical properties of iron. It also plays a crucial role in various industrial processes, such as steel production.

What is the value of iron's ionisation energy?

The value of iron's ionisation energy varies depending on the specific state of the atom (gas, liquid, or solid) and the energy level of the electron being removed. However, the most commonly referenced value for iron's ionisation energy is 7.87 electron volts (eV).

How does the ionisation energy of iron compare to other elements?

Iron's ionisation energy is relatively high compared to many other elements, meaning it requires a significant amount of energy to remove an electron from an iron atom. This is due to the strong attraction between the positively charged nucleus and the negatively charged electrons in iron.

Can the ionisation energy of iron be changed?

The ionisation energy of iron can be changed by altering the conditions in which the atom exists, such as applying heat or pressure. It can also be affected by the presence of other atoms or molecules, which can either increase or decrease the amount of energy required to remove an electron.