Is Brian Greene's Explanation of String Theory on Nova Worth Watching?

• Thread starter mathman
  • Start date
In summary, on Tuesday, October 28, Nova will air a 2 hour program featuring Brian Greene discussing string theory. Viewers without access to Nova can search for local programming on PBS or visit the website and type in their zip code to check for availability. The program will also be available on the web immediately following the broadcast.
mathman
Science Advisor
On Tues (Oct. 28) Nova will be presenting a 2 hour program featuring Brian Greene giving a popularized version of string theory, etc.

Physics news on Phys.org
yes, look for local programmings if you don't have NOVA, I live in Iowa, and I was STATIC when I found it was going to be on PBS.
Paden Roder

Is PBS different in each region?

search pbs, go to the website, and I'm pretty sure it will have you type in your zip code, and it will check for you. Don't hold me responsibe, but I'm pretty sure that's what I did a couple months ago when I first heard about this series.
Paden Roder

Shoot! I only get one channel at my house, and it isn't PBS, it's ABC. Oh well, hopefully those of you that watch it will be able to fill me in on the important/interesting stuff.

Related to Is Brian Greene's Explanation of String Theory on Nova Worth Watching?

What is the "Nova special - Brian Greene" about?

The "Nova special - Brian Greene" is an educational television program that explores the fascinating world of theoretical physics and cosmology, hosted by renowned physicist and author, Brian Greene.

Who is Brian Greene?

Brian Greene is a theoretical physicist, mathematician, and string theorist who is best known for his popular science books and television appearances. He is also a professor of physics and mathematics at Columbia University.

What is string theory?

String theory is a theoretical framework that attempts to unify all of the known forces and interactions in the universe by describing them in terms of tiny, vibrating strings. It is one of the leading contenders for a theory of everything.

How does string theory relate to the topic of the "Nova special - Brian Greene"?

The "Nova special - Brian Greene" focuses on the concepts and implications of string theory, as well as other related theories such as quantum mechanics and general relativity. It delves into topics such as the nature of space and time, the multiverse, and the search for a unified theory of physics.

Is the "Nova special - Brian Greene" suitable for non-scientists?

Yes, the "Nova special - Brian Greene" is designed to make complex scientific concepts accessible and engaging for a general audience. It does not assume prior knowledge of physics or mathematics and presents the information in a clear and visually appealing manner.