Is CP Violation Evolving Over Time and Explaining Baryogenesis?

• Thread starter Dmitry67
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of CP and T violation, with a focus on how it relates to the early Universe and the Sakharov mechanism. The speaker expresses interest in the subject and believes that macroscopic T asymmetry is not a mystery, while microscopic T asymmetry is more puzzling. They also suggest that parameters in the standard model may have decreased over time since the Big Bang, and question if CP violation was greater in the early Universe and if it could explain baryogenesis.
Dmitry67
Are there any new experiments/results regarding the subject? Like Kl, Ks, and other weird things?

I am interested in the subject mostly because CP voliation = T violation, and T violation for me is the deepest mystery.

Physics news on Phys.org
CP=T if you believe TCP, whilch can be qjuestioned on the experimental level.
Why is "T violation for me is the deepest mystery" when almost everything you see is not time reversal invariant?

No, macroscopic T assymetry is not a mystery for me at all.
Just a consequence of the Initial conditions at the BB (low entropy)

microscopic T assymetry is much stranger.
I would be even not surprised if parameters of the standard model, responsible for T assymetry, would decrease gradually as more an more time is elapsed after BB

Is it possible that CP violation was bigger in early Universe? Would it help to explain the bariogenesis? I know that current CP violation is not enough for Sakharov mechanism.

Related to Is CP Violation Evolving Over Time and Explaining Baryogenesis?

What is CP-violation?

CP-violation is a phenomenon observed in particle physics where there is a difference in the behavior of particles and their antiparticles. This is in violation of the CP symmetry, which states that the laws of physics should be the same for particles and antiparticles.

What is T-violation?

T-violation is a phenomenon observed in particle physics where there is a difference in the behavior of particles when time is reversed. This is in violation of the T symmetry, which states that the laws of physics should be the same if time is reversed.

Is CP-violation related to T-violation?

Yes, CP-violation and T-violation are related as they both involve violations of fundamental symmetries in particle physics. However, they are distinct phenomena and can occur independently of each other.

What causes CP-violation and T-violation?

CP-violation and T-violation are caused by the differences in the behavior of matter and antimatter, and the asymmetry in the laws of physics governing them. The exact cause is still not fully understood, but it is believed to be related to the weak nuclear force.

Why is CP-violation important in particle physics?

CP-violation is important in particle physics because it provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature and the behavior of matter and antimatter. It also helps to explain why there is more matter than antimatter in the universe and has implications for the development of the universe in its early stages.

Back