Is Embry-Riddle a good choice for pursuing Engineering or Space Physics?

• Thread starter StandAndDeliver
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Choice
In summary, someone has just finished their senior year of high school and has already committed to attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, despite the high tuition cost. They are planning on majoring in Engineering Physics or Space Physics and have done well in their high school math and science classes. They are questioning if the expensive education is worth it, but others who have attended the university have had successful careers in the aerospace industry. They are also recommended to reach out to Embry-Riddle alumni for more information about the school and its programs.
StandAndDeliver
Embry-Riddle. Bad choice??

Hello All. I just finished my senior year of high school and I have sold my soul to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University for 32,000 a year. Actually I got the cost cut down to about 15 thousand a year but still that's a fortune for my family. (My father makes about 23,000 a year). I am planning on majoring in Engineering Physics or Space Physics. I have made good grades all through high school and have taken AP Calc and Physics Honors and haven't had much trouble. What I'm getting at is I believe I will do well at Embry, but is the education it worth the high tuition?

Thanks for any comments.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't comment on the education from first had experience, but everyone I know that went there has been very bright and done very well for them selves.

I work in aerospace so I have had the chance to run into these people. In particular I know of people from Embry-Riddle working at places of interest like RocketPlane and Zero-G. Also check out Yuri's Night it was founded by Embry-Riddle grads, and I know if you email them they will talk to you about it. Check on the Yuri's Night website for email to Lori or Tim, both are out going and easy to talk with; I've always enjoyed talking with them.

CraigD, AMInstP
www.cymek.com

I cannot make a personal recommendation for or against Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. However, I can provide some objective information to help you make an informed decision.

Firstly, Embry-Riddle is a well-respected institution in the fields of engineering and space physics. It is known for its strong programs and research opportunities in these areas. Additionally, the university has a strong network and connections within the aerospace industry, which could be beneficial for future career opportunities.

However, the high tuition cost is definitely a factor to consider. It is important to weigh the potential benefits of the education and opportunities at Embry-Riddle against the financial burden it may place on you and your family. It may also be worth exploring scholarship and financial aid options to help offset the cost.

Ultimately, the decision of whether Embry-Riddle is a good choice for pursuing engineering or space physics will depend on your personal goals and priorities. Consider researching and comparing other universities with similar programs and costs to see if there are alternative options that may better suit your needs. It is also important to visit the campus, talk to current students and faculty, and gather as much information as possible before making a final decision. Good luck in your college journey!

FAQ: Is Embry-Riddle a good choice for pursuing Engineering or Space Physics?

1. What is Embry-Riddle and why might it be considered a bad choice for scientists?

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is a private university specializing in aviation and aerospace education. It may be considered a bad choice for scientists because it has a specific focus on aviation and may not offer a wide range of scientific disciplines.

2. Are there any notable drawbacks to attending Embry-Riddle as a scientist?

One potential drawback is that Embry-Riddle may not have as strong of a reputation or ranking in scientific fields compared to other universities. Additionally, the cost of attending may be significantly higher than other universities.

3. Is it possible to pursue a career in science after attending Embry-Riddle?

Yes, it is possible to pursue a career in science after attending Embry-Riddle. While the university may not have as many scientific programs, it still offers a strong education in areas such as physics, engineering, and meteorology.

4. How does the curriculum at Embry-Riddle differ for science majors compared to other universities?

The curriculum at Embry-Riddle may differ in that it has a stronger focus on aviation and aerospace-related courses. This may limit the number of science courses available and the depth of knowledge in certain areas. However, it also offers unique opportunities for hands-on learning and research in these fields.

5. Can I transfer to another university if I decide Embry-Riddle is not the right fit for my scientific interests?

Yes, it is possible to transfer to another university if you decide Embry-Riddle is not the right fit for your scientific interests. However, it is important to research and carefully consider the transfer process and the availability of your desired programs at other universities.

Back