Is it possible there are many mass parameters for different type of forces ?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of corresponding mass parameters for different types of interactions for a particle, and how each type of interaction contributes to the total mass. The concept of SU(2) symmetry breaking is also mentioned, specifically in relation to quarks with electro-weak interaction. The speaker is unclear on why both up and down quarks have nonzero mass but the symmetry is still broken. However, they later realize that the Higgs mechanism explains this spontaneous symmetry breaking for the electro-weak force. The speaker apologizes for their questions, but the other person reassures them that their questions are not useless, although their English may make it difficult to understand.
ndung200790
Please teach me this:
Is it possible there are corresponding mass parameters for different types of interaction for a certain particle?.Because each type of interaction has an own contribution in total mass.Then considering quarks with electro-weak interaction,despite nonzero total mass of quarks we still have the breaking of SU(2) symmetry?(Because I think that for the breaking of SU(2) symmetry we would have one quark massive(corresponding mass) and one quark massless(corresponding mass))
Thank you very much in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't fully understand your question. However gravity is the only one of the four forces where mass enters directly.

The thing I do not understand is why both up and down quarks have nonzero mass,but we still have broken symmetry SU(2).Because I think that for the breaking symmetry we might have one quark is massive and other quark is massless?

I am sorry,now I have know that the spontaneously symmetry breaking explaining for electro-weak force happens because the Higgs mechanism.Please forgive me for my many useless questions.

I don't think your questions are useless. Unfortunately it is obvious that English is not your first language, so your questions are difficult to understand.

Related to Is it possible there are many mass parameters for different type of forces ?

1. What is the concept of mass parameters for different types of forces?

The concept of mass parameters for different types of forces refers to the idea that there may be different masses associated with different types of forces, such as the gravitational force and the electromagnetic force. This means that objects may have different masses depending on the type of force they are experiencing.

2. How would this affect our understanding of mass and gravity?

If there are indeed different mass parameters for different types of forces, it would challenge our current understanding of mass and gravity. It would mean that the mass of an object is not a constant value, but can change depending on the type of force acting on it. This would require a reevaluation of our current theories and models.

3. Is there any evidence to support the existence of multiple mass parameters?

Currently, there is no conclusive evidence to support the existence of multiple mass parameters. However, some theories, such as string theory, suggest the possibility of multiple dimensions and forces that could potentially have different mass parameters.

4. How would this impact the laws of physics?

If there are multiple mass parameters for different types of forces, it could potentially lead to the modification or even replacement of some of the fundamental laws of physics, such as Newton's laws of motion. This would require further research and experimentation to fully understand the implications.

5. Are there any ongoing studies or experiments to investigate this concept?

Yes, there are ongoing studies and experiments to investigate the concept of multiple mass parameters for different types of forces. Scientists are conducting experiments at the Large Hadron Collider and other particle accelerators to search for evidence of additional dimensions and forces that could support this idea.