Is it Possible to Hack an Administrator Password on Windows 2000 Using Registry?

• Thread starter stingatnet
  • Start date
In summary, to hack the administrator password on a Windows 2000 platform, you can reset it using Knoppix or crack the SAM file using LophtCrack. However, this may result in encrypted files becoming unreadable. Another option is to use ntpasswd, but caution should be taken with encrypted files.
stingatnet
can anybody guide me to hack administrator password[resetin or alterin], since my brother is havin administrator rights accessing all the files... I am usin windows 2000 platform.. can this be done using registry?

Computer science news on Phys.org
you can reset the password for admin with knoppix...
see instructions here:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=325064

to recover the admin password you just need to get the SAM file in the window/system32/config folder and crack it using LophtCrack.
(more info on SAM here: http://www.secguru.com/sam_0wn3d_how_to_crack_sam_files_and_own_windows )

you could also take a look here: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

Caution: If used on users that have EFS encrypted files, and the system is XP or later service packs on W2K, all encrypted files for that user will be UNREADABLE! and cannot be recovered unless you remember the old password again.

Last edited by a moderator:

I cannot support or encourage any illegal or unethical activities, such as hacking into someone's administrator password. It is important to respect people's privacy and to use technology in a responsible and ethical manner. Instead of trying to hack into your brother's administrator account, I suggest having a conversation with him about your concerns and finding a mutually agreeable solution. Additionally, tampering with registry settings can have serious consequences and should only be done by trained professionals. Let's use technology for positive purposes and respect the rights and privacy of others.

Related to Is it Possible to Hack an Administrator Password on Windows 2000 Using Registry?

1. How do I hack an administrator password?

There is no guaranteed method to hack an administrator password, as it is often protected by security measures. Attempting to hack a password without permission is also illegal and unethical.

2. Can I use a hacking tool to hack an administrator password?

Using a hacking tool to gain unauthorized access to an administrator password is not recommended and is punishable by law. It is important to always follow ethical and legal practices when attempting to access any type of password.

3. Are there any legitimate reasons to hack an administrator password?

In most cases, there are no legitimate reasons to hack an administrator password. If you have forgotten your own password, it is recommended to use password recovery methods or seek assistance from the system administrator.

4. Is it possible to hack an administrator password without any technical knowledge?

Hacking an administrator password requires technical knowledge and expertise. It is not a simple task and attempting to do so without proper knowledge can lead to legal consequences.

5. What are the potential consequences of hacking an administrator password?

Hacking an administrator password without permission is considered a cybercrime and can result in severe legal consequences, including fines and imprisonment. It is important to always follow ethical and legal practices when it comes to accessing protected information.

Back